Passing tissue a month after c-section

(2 Posts)
Shain Wed 25-Jul-18 23:05:10

Hi there,
So I had an emergency c-section one month ago (24th June) and I had the normal recovery and healing problems, i.e. tenderness, swelling, bruising, weeping wound, all of which have gone down significantly or disappeared completely now. I also had the normal blood loss post pregnancy (yay for the month long period...) which finally came to an end a couple of days ago. Anyway this morning I noticed that I had started to bleed again, only this time it's different. It's bright red thin blood, not dark red mucousy discharge like what I was having before. There was a lot of it, I even took pictures of it running down my leg before I turned the shower on, to show my doctor (sorry tmi). Fast forward to this afternoon, when I went to the bathroom, I pulled down my pants and found that there was a piece of skin, and I do mean skin, tissue like matter, not a clot, the size of a 5p piece, on my pad. Could this be dead tissue coming away from the internal scarring from my c-section? Is this normal? What about the blood? I'm going to make a doctors appt tomorrow because I'm so worried something could be wrong, and I don't want to risk my chances of having more children. Any information or reassurance would be amazingly appreciated!! X

OP’s posts: |
mineofuselessinformation Wed 25-Jul-18 23:09:50

If you're not feeling ill, that's a good sign.
What you have described could be retained tissue. You need to see your GP, and if they're sensible they will refer you for a scan (or be able to give you a sensible explanations as to why not).
I hope you get it sorted out, but do remember, as long as you are feeling well in yourself it's probably not serious.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in