Talk

Advanced search

Boyfriend a horrible drunk

(19 Posts)
sallystretched Sat 07-Jul-18 22:39:57

Just here ranting sad

Boyfriend is a horrible drunk. I cannot bear to be around him when he drinks.

He is an obnoxious arsehole.

He’s just been winding me up. We had plans to leave early hours of this morning to go climbing in one of our favourite places.

He’s had 8 cans of strong lager and quarter bottle vodka.

He just started on me saying...I want to go to the seaside to do some sea swimming.

I replied...no...you are drunk...it is dangerous to go in the sea when you’re drunk...there’s also no light....and you can’t drive because you are drunk.

He then went on and on at me...saying I should drive him. I said ‘no’...confirmed again there was no light and he was drunk which = danger.

He then says he’ll drive himself there. I said - what? Putting yours and others lives at risk?? I told him if he did that I wouldn’t hesitate to call the police. He then said he would have me visited by someone who would teach me a lesson for having reported him.

I was so annoyed at this that I SNAPPED. Told him where to go and have locked myself in bedroom with his keys.

I HATE him when he is drunk.

He also said some racist things today when he was drunk...I had to remind him that I am of a different race and that the England squad he was enjoying watching had a few brown faces too.

Just HATE HIM when he is like this.

I am so wound up :-(

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 07-Jul-18 22:43:06

Are you staying OP?

AnduinsGirl Sat 07-Jul-18 22:43:49

And you're choosing to be with him why?
I know that sounds dickish, but honestly, what's the point?

finnmcool Sat 07-Jul-18 22:47:44

Being drunk is no excuse for such appalling behaviour.
People's hidden thoughts etc tend to come out when drunk.
Do you want a future with a racist, abusive, drink driver?

sallystretched Sat 07-Jul-18 22:49:05

Thanks so much.

It was nice to see these messages.

I guess I stay with him because...when he’s not drunk, he’s a great guy.

Today he was being really loud and horrible about many things...I was scared the neighbours would hear...things to say about the Mayor of London and his race and religion, Muslims, that this country should be white...I was like...erm...well what about me? What about my family? He was like, ‘I’m not talking about Indians...they’re ok. They can stay’ 😡😡😡😡😡

Just so upsetting. I hate the man right now.

Think I’m gonna have to have words with him. It’s like he enjoys winding me up...horrible man.

sallystretched Sat 07-Jul-18 22:49:35

Finn...I am thinking the same. True colours.
🙄

finnmcool Sat 07-Jul-18 22:49:39

Also, why is he drinking so much?
Look down the road, where will his behaviour escalate to next?

finnmcool Sat 07-Jul-18 22:52:18

sally he is a nasty arse who can hide it when he's sober.
I've been in your position, I stayed too long. Nothing good came of it.
Bring in a relationship should be a lovely addition to your life; not this.

finnmcool Sat 07-Jul-18 22:53:16

*Being

sallystretched Sat 07-Jul-18 22:54:40

I’ve always believed it’s...’cultural’ when it comes to his drinking.
He’s from a rough end of town...him and his friends are all approaching 40...yet they all drink to the extreme. To start with, they down two cans of strong larger in a matter of seconds. They like to fight. They are loud and obnoxious. They are mischievous...they are all still doing what they did when they were young men...drinking...fighting...being out in a group being rowdy and being trouble.

I’m getting too old for this. I mean...I grew out of this kind of drinking a while back!

Yes racism is never an attractive quality!

sallystretched Sat 07-Jul-18 22:55:07

Ps thank you so much for the message xx
From everyone xx

AdaColeman Sat 07-Jul-18 23:07:44

Run for the hills love, before he ruins your life.

Prokupatuscrakedatus Wed 11-Jul-18 22:44:02

It is an old saying to never get involved with a man before you have not seen him 1) drunk a 2) angry. (Stems from the time when you got married for life.)

So get out now and run. That is who he is.

HollowTalk Wed 11-Jul-18 22:47:56

Blimey, OP, what the hell has happened to your boundaries that you'll put up with this shit?

Sarahjconnor Wed 11-Jul-18 22:50:58

He's showing his true colours now. You can't put up with this anymore. Please leave. flowers

Wolfiefan Wed 11-Jul-18 22:52:52

Loud
Obnoxious
Fighting
Drinking
Racist
Hmmm. Maybe not a keeper.

Boooommm Wed 11-Jul-18 22:59:03

I have spent many a drunken night with many a bloke from all over. The only ones who have been racist when drunk are racist (and homophobic and sexist) when sober, they just hide it better.

Wolfiefan Wed 11-Jul-18 23:03:59

Yep drinking lowers inhibitions. So they show you who they really are.
And who wants to be with a habitual piss artist anyway? confused

dangerrabbit Wed 11-Jul-18 23:06:21

Dump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: