Odd symptoms, advice please

(14 Posts)
Roguexx Thu 21-Jun-18 19:55:05

This all started almost 4 weeks ago.
It all started with my period coming early and it wasn't normal for me. For me it was light and lasted 9 days (normally 5 days).
After that I had a few days of nausea, which I out down to the abnormal length of my period. A was fine for a day or 2 then I started to get a metallic taste in my mouth, it was on and off to start but has been constant since. A few days ago the nausea came back, to the extent where (and this never happened to me before) I start feeling like I am going to vomit whenever mybhusband excellerates while driving, today it has become even worse with spells of dizziness/ being light headed. I have been drinking alot more water than normal too.
I don't want to go to the doctors about it because (silly reason I know) if there's something wrong and they give me a prescription I can't afford to pay for it at the moment.
So I was wondering if anyone else had this before and if so what was it?

OP’s posts: |
endofthelinefinally Thu 21-Jun-18 19:56:26

Unless you are over 50 I would do a pregnancy test.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Jun-18 19:56:53

The obvious question is is there any possibility at all could you be pregnant?

DameFanny Thu 21-Jun-18 19:57:08

Have you peed on a stick yet?

lljkk Thu 21-Jun-18 19:57:26

What they said.

Roguexx Thu 21-Jun-18 20:02:36

Lol....no I havent...my next period is due any day (specifically sunday) so I didn't see much point in it yet.
Sound stupid but I don't think I am, when I was pregnant with my daughter I just knew (we weren't trying) even before taking a test. I have never felt like this before and it worries me that I will get a dizzy spell at work at the weekend and end up being sent home or something.

lljkk Thu 21-Jun-18 20:14:23

hmmm

heateallthebuns Thu 21-Jun-18 20:30:38

I had ivf for my twins then got pregnant naturally. I had all the pregnancy symptoms but had a light period so didn't think anything of it. Then I though there is actually something really wrong with me, I'd better go to drs. I thought I'd better do a pregnancy test to rule it out as symptoms were all there. Turns out I was ten weeks pregnant. If it quacks like a duck.......

Roguexx Thu 21-Jun-18 20:32:34

Kinda scared now...more so than I was thinking all other possibilities lol

GrainneWail Thu 21-Jun-18 20:32:40

Pee on a stick. Pee on a stick. Pee on a stick. <repeat til you pee on a stick>

esk1mo Thu 21-Jun-18 20:35:05

pee on a stick.

your symptoms could also be other things like a virus, inner ear infection, low b12/low iron. the long period is strange though.

Roguexx Thu 21-Jun-18 20:37:32

Esk1mo I uses to suffer from alot of inner ear infections but this is nothing like how they made me feel. I was more worried about things like diabetes ect. I have always had perfect blood pressure....but I might pop to my dad's and get him to double check it (former paramedic) tomorrow

Roguexx Thu 21-Jun-18 20:40:10

I think I worry alot because there are so many health problems in my family, and I am admittedly over weight but never had this before.

DameFanny Fri 22-Jun-18 18:03:42

Pee on a stick. It's the first thing a doctor's going to say, so you may as well get it over with...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in