Recommend me a period tracker - with an unusual reason

(27 Posts)
Graphista Fri 15-Jun-18 08:27:36

Mners hoping you'll come to the rescue...

Can you recommend a period tracker that

I can track mine AND dds periods on (partly cos she expects me to know and asks me if I think she's due on, partly so I know when to duck and when to provide tissues grin)

That I can track mine with accompanying notes on mood. I suffer badly with mh issues, me and cpn have both noticed cycle affects it, I'd like to be better informed on this.

Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
Flisspaps Fri 15-Jun-18 08:30:45

Clue - I use the free version. You can track an extra user too.

BurningGubbins Fri 15-Jun-18 08:32:42

Not sure about tracking 2 cycles, maybe you’d have to log in and out to do that, but Kindara allows you to add custom fields to track.

paceyswife Fri 15-Jun-18 08:35:08

Clue is a really good one, you can add a friend so if your dd downloads if you can track her cycle alongside your own

Graphista Fri 15-Jun-18 08:38:31

Clue looks good.

Kindara is a fertility app? Not something I want to think about being peri-menopausal recently another year older and with the heartache of only having been able to have one child when I wanted more.

Graphista Fri 15-Jun-18 08:39:22

Can I not track it for her? She'll forget!

Graphista Fri 15-Jun-18 18:41:34

Bumping - would like more 'votes' before deciding.

Either for clue or others

MrsSarahSiddons Fri 15-Jun-18 18:46:33

Get a paper calendar, like the small ones in the back of paper diaries. Get a red pen and a blue pen. Cross off your period days with the red pen and your daughter’s with the blue pen.
Simples.

Batinahat Fri 15-Jun-18 18:53:42

I use Clue. It's great.

happymummy12345 Fri 15-Jun-18 19:02:53

Might not be any help but my mum just made a little circle in her diary when she was due.
(Can't help myself as I'm on the combined pill so I always know when my withdrawal bleed will start and end. So I have no need to track it).

burblife Fri 15-Jun-18 19:08:14

I've recently switched to clue after using pink pad which seems to have been discontinued. I really like clue. Simple to understand and you can track lots of different aspects (can choose which ones), including mood etc.

I do think you could encourage dd to track her own cycle, take a bit of responsibility?

Longlunch Fri 15-Jun-18 19:08:50

I use Period Diary, I have not tried to track more than one person tough.
Easy to use and free

Stephisaur Fri 15-Jun-18 19:09:35

I used clue before I got pregnant. Highly recommend it, and you can share cycle data.

Can you track hers on her phone and then you can keep an eye on it on yours?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 15-Jun-18 19:10:12

I like Clue. I only use the basic free one. Only downside is they have a tendency to refer to "people with uteruses" in their blog posts...

Racecardriver Fri 15-Jun-18 19:12:31

I have used several. Clue is my favourite. Don't get eve. It is the mn of period trackers, she will waste so much time on it.

Graphista Fri 15-Jun-18 21:56:09

The mn of period trackers grin

In what way?

Think I'll try clue.

Tumilnaughts Fri 15-Jun-18 22:06:35

I'm another one for clue. Just started using it this year after my periods came back after having dd and seems to be quite accurate now.

BellaJessica Fri 15-Jun-18 22:11:00

I use clue it tracks everything. Period. Cramps pain headaches mood .stools. Cravings. Everything.

AwkwardSquad Sat 16-Jun-18 20:50:12

I use Clue too. Nice and simple. Although it’s struggling to predict my cycle now, as I’m in the throes of perimenopause.

AwkwardSquad Sat 16-Jun-18 20:52:06

Every so often it tells me that my random cycle is still within the ‘normal for age’ parameters, so that’s reassuring I suppose.

gryffen Sat 16-Jun-18 21:09:52

Period Tracker, my calender

Great free app, let's you add notes and it's all boxes you tick for symptoms, moods, flow etc etc etc.

Personally time to teach your daughter how to track it herself- I started periods at 8yrs old and I'm now 35 - had to learn myself and it's easy enough to add dates in to a phone calender for reminders.

Sooner she learns the less accidents will happen and she can plan her own timetable around bad days etc

BurningGubbins Sun 17-Jun-18 01:11:54

Sorry, I’ve been off MN for a couple of days. Kindara can be used for fertility, yes, and lots of people on the forum are using it for that, but lots of people aren’t (including me). I use it to predict when my period is going to start and to watch my cycle in general which has started to get more erratic as I get older. I like the way the graphics are presented and it has “learned” my cycle better than other apps I’ve tried.

Maria1982 Mon 18-Jun-18 19:05:39

I love clue too.

Cecily75 Mon 18-Jun-18 19:09:03

I and my DDs use WomanLog. You can add additional calendars, so on my phone (especially when DDs first started and were forgetful) I have a calendar for each of us.

The hard thing is reminding them to track for themselves...

n0ne Mon 18-Jun-18 20:25:14

Used to use iPeriod which was fine but switched to Clue which is really good

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in