Talk

Advanced search

How many WOHMs would find their jobs less stressful if their partners shared parenting and housework equally?

(4 Posts)
hiveofactivity Wed 12-Apr-17 15:25:09

Quite a few of the threads on here seem fairly negative about balancing work with children - understandable given it can be stressful and exhausting.

But for me at least, it isn't my job or my employer that's the problem - its the constant battle to persuade dp to share parenting and housework equally. The constant reminder that just as we contribute equally financially, we should both share jobs at home equally.

At least my employer recognises my contribution and pays me for it. My second job as unpaid PA and housekeeper is less fulfilling.

limon Mon 17-Apr-17 17:37:44

Me. Dh works one day per week, I work full time, and I still do far too much of the house work and house administration. Drives me mad.

starsinyourpies Wed 19-Apr-17 15:52:04

I wrote down everything I do at home and everything my husband did (pre-kids) and how long it took. This was pretty compelling and he started shopping/cooking a lot more. In his head sorting out car and home insurance were big jobs (yep for half an hour each, once a year!!!) the wobbles we have had have been when I'm on maternity leave and return to work, hard to get back into the right balance. There was a tool to do the split calculation, will try to find it.

starsinyourpies Wed 19-Apr-17 15:53:18

http://play.bbc.co.uk/play/pen/gx75fj6kf9

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now