Talk

Advanced search

How do other self-employed mums cope?

(2 Posts)
Bellabelloo Fri 24-Mar-17 22:23:02

I am struggling! I set up my own online business 3 years ago and it is just getting to the point where it is doing well at the very same time I have had a baby. My little boy is a total blessing and we are so lucky to have him as were told I was infertile.

I employed extra people to help cover while I am on 'maternity leave' (I was hoping for a bit at least!) but was bombarded with emails even while I was still in hospital and every day since. And people just aren't stepping up to the mark - I think because I'm not there to manage them. My general manager has now been signed off sick for the foreseeable future, so I have had to work full time this week and will do for the foreseeable future until I find some temporary cover.

I am exhausted from sleepless nights and from having to juggle my 8-week old baby and my business. Plus guilt from having to leave him with a childminder so early. However I don't want to give up on my business that has the potential to create a good life for us with a decent income and hopefully very flexible working hours in the future on my terms.

Anyone else in a similar situation? And how do you cope?

Blerg Fri 24-Mar-17 22:28:36

Hi Bella congrats on your new baby and having established a successful business.

I'm not in the same boat as I'm just starting out as self-employed and my children are older (13 months and 3.5 years), but I really relate to wanting the income and flexibility down the line.

It sounds like you need to sort cover asap - can you prioritise that, or gontonan agency or recruitment place?

Eight weeks is still tiny, I don't think I could do anything functional at that point - I hope you get it sorted soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now