Talk

Advanced search

The thought of going back to work makes me feel sick

(5 Posts)
jnp92 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:20:40

I am due to go back to work after my maternity leave in February.
The thought of leaving my baby makes me feel sick to my stomach!
I'm hoping my mum will be able to have him while I'm at work as my partner works full time and I will be be working part time but I really don't want too!
I don't like my job, I work in a Christian care home and I really don't like it, iv had many problems while being there mainly because I'm not religious myself, not that I have ever let this affect my work.
I was miserable at work before I left for my maternity leave and I'm worried it's going to be even worse with me having to leave my baby too!
In a perfect world I would stay at home with him until he started school like I did with my daughter but funds just won't allow it.
Anyone else gone through this?!

Hidihihidiho Wed 14-Dec-16 20:33:24

Hi!
I came on here to post something very similar!
I got back to work in less than a month, we start settling in sessions in a few days and I feel awful. The thought of leaving her makes me cry and I just want to keep cuddling her.
I'm going back part time and she will be with a child minder but they will be long days and will only see her for half an hour in the evenings on my work days.
Everyone keeps telling me the thought of doing it is worse then actually doing it and I know she will be fine really, she's not clingy or anything she's quite independent and I think the social side of things will do us both some good.
But yeah HATE IT!!!!

1sttimemama1986 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:42:48

I too was coming to post something similar, I'm due to return to work in February. My lo will be 8 months. I am going back full time for financial reasons and my DP will be working part time.

I guess from my perspective you both can be thankful your returning part time so less hours away. I am the breadwinner and we couldn't manage to cover bills if I worked part time.

I'm feeling sad about missing so much time with my boy and all his developmental milestones. Also worried I will feel perhaps little resentful my DP will have time. This is unreasonable of me as I've had the last 7 months with our boy and DP is looking forward to having more time.

In some countries the maternity leave options are awful so in the U.K. We're actually lucky I think. Trying to be positive 😟

whoneedswings Tue 10-Jan-17 20:00:45

Yup same here. Not back until April but it feels like it's coming up so fast and bringing me out in a cold sweat. I have no grandparent support so not sure if it's even worth going back to work which is so stressful. (DH wages are only enough for bills don't know how we're going to pay for food, fuel and occasional treats.)

On top of that like you OP I was miserable at work before and from I've heard it's got worse so I'm confused as to what to do. Just want to wrap my family up in a bubble and not deal with the adult responsibilities!!

MotherofPearl Fri 13-Jan-17 16:55:42

Thread title really struck a chord with me. I'm going back full time at the end of February, and I'm really dreading it. DD2 will be just about 10 months, so we've been lucky to have a good chunk of time together. She's my third, so you'd think I'd be used to this, but I really don't want to go back! And I used to like my job... Let's try to give each other some moral support over the next few months. brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now