Talk

Advanced search

Prosecco advice

(7 Posts)
QuizTeamaAguilera Fri 24-Mar-17 18:12:21

I'm buying some for a fab colleague as I'm leaving my job next week, just to say thanks for all the help and support she's given me while we've worked together. But I don't drink so I don't know anything about it!

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Crumbelina Fri 24-Mar-17 18:23:48

What's your budget? Anything with a DOCG certification on the label is likely to be very good. It's a government certification of region and quality (have a Google).

If your budget is around £10 then the Marks and Spencer own brand one is lovely, as is the Sainsburys' Taste the Difference one, or Waitrose San Leo (think these are all DOC but still fab).

Fortnum and Mason also sell a gorgeous one for around £15 but it looks to be out of stock.

QuizTeamaAguilera Fri 24-Mar-17 19:11:20

That's great, thank you! grin I don't really have a budget, I assumed it wouldn't be more than £20 so all those fit great - might grab the M&S one as there's one not far from me. I was just worried about buying a really rubbish one!

Crumbelina Fri 24-Mar-17 19:54:39

You're welcome! Yes, the M&S one is really lovely. We did some blind taste testing of £10-15 bottles for our wedding and it came out top. It's only £10 a bottle - here's a link so you'll recognise the label: www.marksandspencer.com/prosecco-case-of-6/p/p21126825?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

PickleSarnie Fri 24-Mar-17 20:32:01

This one from Waitrose is my favourite. And it comes in a pretty bottle too.

PickleSarnie Fri 24-Mar-17 20:32:27

This one....

Hastalapasta Sat 25-Mar-17 18:33:28

Bit late, but Dino do quite a nice one for around £5 available in most supermarkets. Co-op own brand is nice too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now