Talk

Advanced search

Getting into Wimbledon in the first week?

(7 Posts)
jellymaker Sat 22-Feb-14 21:35:21

How does it work. DP would like to go in the evening in the first week. Do you just show up and queue for ground tickets? What are the chances of getting in?

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 24-Feb-14 19:35:39

just saw this topic!!!!was looking for new ones!

We went years ago, and went very early in the morning, got there around 8am, queued, (Great fun as you talk endless tennis with everyone) but tiring too, surged forward around 10.30am, got into the ground on a ground pass, you can get in if youre lucky, main show court ticket holders have to put their tickets in a box when they leave and then theyre sold cheaper (AFAIK)and anyone can get one.

tbh sometimes a ground pass is better than a show court as you get to see more matches as youre wandering around. and its great seeing a match on the screen on Murraymound/Henman hill/whatever theyre going to call it.

Have you been before?

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 24-Feb-14 19:41:33

Also, theres a tennis thread on telly addicts site if you want to join in!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/1973592-Come-and-play-TENNIS-over-here?

jellymaker Mon 24-Feb-14 20:33:42

Yes I have been but with tickets that DP had through work. We want to go but live outside London so was just wondering what are the chances of getting in if you turn up in the afternoon.

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Feb-14 17:54:26

you should be okay, but 2nd week might be better with less players there? depends if theres anyone imparticular youd like to see too.

HappyBunnyFran Tue 01-Aug-17 20:17:26

Hi,

I went to Wimbledon for the first time this year. I went in the Thursday if the first week and braved 'the queue'. It was really good fun. I was a bit extreme. I got up at 3am, drove from Bristol and got into the queue at 6.30 and at that point my queue card still said 4000! I made it in at 1120 and play started at 1130. Got to sit on court 7 and watched three doubles matches all with British players in. Best day!

lind01 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:24:52

It is much easier to get tickets in the last week. Just go and join queue if it is a nice day its great fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now