Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help with decision needed!

(10 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Tue 10-Nov-09 11:35:18

Been invited to a fab soft play place with loads of really good friends (all home educated so in school time) this afternoon - we'd need to leave soonish to go. All the DDs want to go but DD1 (6) has got a nasty cold and a bit of a tummy ache (which she always gets with colds - glands - alternatively she coudl just be really, really hungry having not eaten since last night!). She was up a lot in the night and has just slept for 2.5h.

She's got no temperature, just a cough and sniffly nose. And she doesn't feel sick (is very sensitive to nauseous feelings so I trust her).

So, would you take them? Take a DS and books for DD1 to snuggle up with if she doesn't feel like playing? Not go and have us all get cabin fever as the 3 younger DDs are all well (4, 2 and 1)?

MrsBadger Tue 10-Nov-09 11:37:36

go and snuggle dd1

Flamebat Tue 10-Nov-09 11:37:49

I'd take them.

RealityBites Tue 10-Nov-09 11:38:24

Message withdrawn

FlamingoBingo Tue 10-Nov-09 11:42:21

No one's got a car big enough for their DCs plus three of mine. DD1 wants to go, incidentally...(<whispers> as do I!)

RealityBites Tue 10-Nov-09 11:42:47

Message withdrawn

Flamebat Tue 10-Nov-09 11:43:25

It is a cold.

I would have sent mine to school with it, so imo home ed and soft play outing counts the same.

Rubyrubyruby Tue 10-Nov-09 11:43:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VoidofDiscovery Tue 10-Nov-09 11:44:43

As mrsBadger said, go and snuggle dd1, you'll only be thinking what if... otherwise. Enjoy!

FlamingoBingo Tue 10-Nov-09 11:45:06

It's not the 'cold' bit that bothers me, more the fact she's clearly very under-the-weather IYSWIM. THe others have got mild colds but not ill with them IYSWIM. But I'm glad you're all sayign to go.

My gut is telling me to take them - I'm fairly sure she'll perk up now she's had some sleep and once she gets distracted by playing. I'll just expect her to tire more easily and make sure I remember her inhaler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now