Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(2 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 09-Nov-09 11:31:29

My childminder has just told me she's got some sickness in the family and won't be able to look after my ds for much longer... she's offered to either work to the end of the month as we've paid upfront (which is her preference) or work out her four weeks notice as per her contract (which would be my preference).

I'm starting mat leave on 9th December so I won't have any problems with child care beyond then, but I can't decide what to do.

My mum could potentially take ds from the end of the month but it would mean cancelling a trip to see her family in the States she was planning on taking (she hasn't booked flights yet, but she was thinking of going last week in Nov and first two in December)

Obviously my cm would like to get to her mum's as soon as possible to help out, and I'd like to help her as much as possible, but I feel really bad asking my mum to postpone her trip to see her elderly relatives. If I ask my cm to work her notice period I'll have no problems because it'll take me up to the start of my mat leave.

WWYD?

losingtheplotthisweek Mon 09-Nov-09 21:44:48

Does your CM work in a network? In our area, CMs are paired up to cover for each other in the event of sickness or emergency.

If your CM works closely with another then your DD may know them.

If not, then I think you have to put your Mum first, you have a contract with your CM that you have the right to stick to. Sorry to be harsh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now