Talk

Advanced search

DS spat on by another child - WWYD?

(15 Posts)
Katisha Fri 06-Nov-09 16:01:03

DS (yr 5) says he was spat on by a boy on the school bus this morning (Tr 7 child) after some mutual verbal teasing got a bit out of hand.
Apparently a great big naaasty gob so DS didnt wear his jumper all day.
What would you do, if anything?

Katisha Fri 06-Nov-09 19:33:51

bump

cornsilkwearscorsets Fri 06-Nov-09 19:40:07

How awful. Was he wearing a uniform? If so I would report to the school.

SolidGoldBangers Fri 06-Nov-09 19:44:46

Agree with your DS that it's yucky, but otherwise get over it. Making a big squawky fuss that someone flobbed on your precious baby will not do him any favours among his schoolmates and he won't thank you either.

Katisha Fri 06-Nov-09 19:46:40

I know who the boy is...Same school.
Yes I don't want to come over all PFB but on the other hand I think deliberate gobby spitting is prety unacceptable...

cornsilkwearscorsets Fri 06-Nov-09 19:55:14

I would report him. Y7 are still children- he will probably crap his pants at being reported. Tell school you witnessed it on the bus.

KimiTheThreadSlayer Fri 06-Nov-09 19:59:20

Report him to the school, filthy little fecker

SolidGoldBangers Fri 06-Nov-09 20:42:37

Oh FFS cornsilk, if she lies to the school, that will do far more harm than good. A kid who thinks adults are prepared to tell lies to get back at him is not exactly going to feel repentant, more that all adults are bastards.

cornsilkwearscorsets Fri 06-Nov-09 20:49:17

How will he know though? If I saw someone spitting at another child I'd report them.

wilkos Fri 06-Nov-09 20:51:31

tell the school, this kid might be doing it regularly and need a bit of a bollocking

cornsilk is right, a firm word about how unacceptable it is will probably be sufficient for a year 7 to stop so really you are doing everyone a favour

I work in a school as TA with Reception and Year 1 and it is taken very seriously as it is a) extremely rude b) disgusting and c) spreads germs

wilkos Fri 06-Nov-09 20:52:49

don't lie though. it will bite you on the arse. just tell tem what your ds told you

WowOoo Fri 06-Nov-09 20:54:29

I would do nothing but tell him to stay away and ignore the dirty scum who spat on him.

If anything else happened with same child I would then report him.

Katisha Fri 06-Nov-09 21:01:40

I won't do any lying.
I am wavering between just letting it lie this time or sending a short note to DS's form teacher. I can't imagine this is the first time the child has done it - I wouldnt have thought it was something that just happened for the first time this morning...

MortaIWombat Fri 06-Nov-09 21:35:43

No wonder TB is on the rise again. Yuck. sad Stem the tide of spittle!

Eve4Walle Mon 09-Nov-09 15:34:34

Why should you let it go though? That kind of behaviour is wrong, whichever way it's dressed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now