Talk

Advanced search

Child modelling?

(2 Posts)
Bexstar5 Mon 02-Nov-09 09:52:59

Has anyone heard of Childsplay and/or got any feedback? They want my 21m to go for test shots. Am apprehensive cos they want £25 for shots and then could be up to £170 to go on books. Most people say that reputable agencies do not ask for money to sign up and then take a % of any fees if taken on. Although all the agencies I have searched appear to charge! Help...!

Housemum Mon 02-Nov-09 13:24:46

Have a nose on this site Alba Model Info for names of reputable agencies.

Agencies do typically charge a fee to see you, to discourage time-wasters. DDs are with Bruce & Brown, they charge £35 admin a year (off the child's earnings) then for over 3-year-olds they offer an annual photo shoot for about £120 but you get a CD of the pictures for personal printing. I think Urban Angels and a few others charge a similar amount. Some charge £150 or so a year, I think Elisabeth Smith, Norrie Carr and possibly Scallywags do. There used to be a pretty active thread on here about child modelling, I used to post on it regularly, but a lot of MNers at one time were rather scathing about the whole business (coupled with a trolling incident/dodgy person who was barred from MN) so many of the posters left to join a closed chat forum instead. Shame really. There are still conversations from time to time - you could try a search for "child modelling" in the last month or so and see what comes up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now