Talk

Advanced search

I know what youre all going to say but ............................

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:19:34

I love having a bit more money grin

I should have started SMP last month, one week from sept pay and then the other 5 weeks at 90% in Octobers pay, so my pay should have reduced slightly.
But its gone up!!!!!
Not by much, about £30pm but I think thats due to my sept pay rise.
I have had my payslip today which reads
OMP ...then
Basic Pay Arrears

Surely it should read SMP?
I was mightily pissed off that I missed the OMP by 11 days angry but they wouldnt give me any so I should be on SMP.

Yes, yes I know I should ring them, and I know that it would be better to have to pay them back now whilst I actually have money before they start proper SMP next month at £123pw.
But the devil on my shoulder says 'youve worked your ass off for this place for 4 years, lets just see if they notice' blush
I know that payroll have been notified as I was sent a copy of the letter.

WWYD???
<mosschops dons hard hat ready for onslaught> grin

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 21-Oct-09 11:24:38

Put it in an account to build interest

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 21-Oct-09 11:25:02

meant to say don't spend it in case they ask for it back lol

EyeballsintheSky Wed 21-Oct-09 11:28:36

You could put the money to one side and see if they notice. Then you have still got it to pay it back.

Be warned though, I came back from ML in Jan to an email from Personnel saying due to a mistake on their part, there was £300 outstanding on a season ticket loan from 200andfecking5! It was taken out of my salary so I never kept track at the time but now I've been £50 a month down on my part time pittance for the last six months. I was chuffed to little mint balls about that one hmm. The moral of the story is, the buggers will get you in the end!

mosschops30 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:30:28

I would put it to one side, but I have no idea how much I should put to one side!

Agree they'll always get you.

Have tried ringing payroll but constantly engaged, obviosuly busy sorting out all their cock ups grin

mosschops30 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:45:24

Oh bugger, have phoned payroll. They were paying me OMP, which means I would have had full pay for 6 months during my mat leave.
She was suprised that the system paid it if I wasnt entitled to it, but its because I worked for them casually for 3 years, so Im thinking now, no-one would have ever noticed hmm

Have I done the right thing???

Octothebigblackscaryspider Wed 21-Oct-09 11:49:33

oh bugger!

mosschops30 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:51:40

I know, should I have kept schtum? Thing is I would have spent the whole of my mat leave worrying about the fact that they were paying me 1k more a month than they should, not exactly a few quid is it?

EyeballsintheSky Wed 21-Oct-09 11:59:22

Oh bloody hell, that is a blow. You did do the right thing but sympathies. That's a bugger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now