Talk

Advanced search

wwyd - neighbours dogs howl all day.

(6 Posts)
VicarInaBooTu Fri 16-Oct-09 16:51:22

hi all

my neighbours have 2 large dogs. last year they both decided to go out to work full time and left their then only dog in the back garden all day - where it howled and yowled all day.

after a few weeks of this all the neighbours got a little fed up and we began (individually) to tell them. we had left it a few weeks as they were new to the area and we thought the dog might settle. it didnt!

anyway - they went and got another puppy, while the woman was out of work, so she has been home all day with these 2 dogs.

now it looks like she has got another job - and guess what...they are chucking both dogs out in the back garden all day so now i have 2 large dogs howling! my hubby works nights and its driving him mad.

WWYD? they surely know that this is happening because of last year? the dog hasnt just stopped howling cos its got a pal! its now in stereo! before anyone states the obvious i will be mentioning it again but how to do it without sounding like a whiney complaining bint? the poor things really do sound in distress, but they were told that last time. why on earth are they doing it again?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 16-Oct-09 16:56:29

Maybe they thought that having a companion would stop the first dog howling; shame it hasn't worked. You need to let them know, and they need to get in a dog behaviourist to help them through this.

LaurieScaryCake Fri 16-Oct-09 16:57:08

They are doing it again cos they weirdly think that company now stops them barking (which to be fair sometimes it does).

You need to tell them. And then get noise abatement/environmental healthat the council involved.

VicarInaBooTu Fri 16-Oct-09 17:14:16

thing is theyve given the puppy seperation anxiety too by being with it 24/7 for 10 months and now buggering off and leaving it on its lonesome all day with no human company! so rather than stop the first dog howling they are both at it.
ill mention it when i see them - he is really friendly but she is a bit distant and not very friendly with me. ill tell him! (or maybe ill be a chicken and wait for someone else to say it first!)

littleducks Fri 16-Oct-09 17:19:48

call the dog warden, they will give them leaflets

VicarInaBooTu Fri 16-Oct-09 17:22:47

seems a bit antisocial just to launch into getting authorities involved though...think ill have to say something first and see if anything changes. if not then ill contact environmental health.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now