Talk

Advanced search

what would you do in these circs? am i too anxious?

(9 Posts)
motherofthetoothlesswonder Thu 15-Oct-09 10:28:57

last week i got a call from school to say my son had 'had a bump' and i should come and see him. when i got there he had bashed his mouth and one of his teeth was hanging out.we had to go to the dentist and she extracted it. all was well-ish.

yesterday i got another call from the school to say ds had had another bump and i should come up. this time another tooth had been completely knocked out and another tooth loosened. there was blood everywhere-even on his glasses.sad

i have kept him home today just to have a calm day and make sure he is alright. he also needs to have have hot salt water mouthwashes[went back to dentist yesterday who was shock to see him again}

really he will be ok to go back tomorrow but i don't want to send him-i feel like i can't trust them to take care of him and i know that is probably irrational but it's how i feel

his mouth is a mess-he has a big gap and his speech is a bit slurred/lispy because of the gap. the gum is very bruised.

mrsjammi Thu 15-Oct-09 10:30:27

Message withdrawn

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Thu 15-Oct-09 10:30:41

Your poor DS. Did they tell you exactly what happened?
Do you think the teeth might have been a bit loose anyway, or did he have a major bump?

ChopsTheDuck Thu 15-Oct-09 10:32:29

I'd keep him off anyway. He's had a bit of a rough fortnight, probably still sore - let him have a break and go back on monday.

NancyBotwin Thu 15-Oct-09 10:32:37

Did they explain how the "bumps" had happened? Did he trip over or was there some sort of altercation with another child?

If it's the first situation they can't really stop him falling over - maybe get his eyes checked again? Is he generally clumsy?

If it's the second situation then obviously they should be doing more to keep him safe and you are right to be concerned...

motherofthetoothlesswonder Thu 15-Oct-09 10:33:45

he's 6. his teeth were rock solid inhis gums.
the dentist x rayed his moth and could tell by the position of the adult teeth that the teeth were not ready to come out! plus-the tooth that had to be removed had a log root still-it was quite solid and comfy where it was!

on friday he was smacked inthe face with a gate. i have raised it as an issue with the school as the gate shouldn't have been open.
yesterday he was running and collided with another child head on.

sugardumpling Thu 15-Oct-09 10:36:00

I'd be a bit shock have they told you exactly how it happened? I mean once, yeah ok probably an accident but to have the exact same thing happen just a week later? hmm has your DS been playing any particular game or is he just really clumsy? wink I think you need to go to the school and get to the bottom of it I wouldn't be happy at all if they haven't given you a proper explanation. Btw hope DS is ok and good luck

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 15-Oct-09 10:38:18

I can understand why you are anxious and I would probably keep him off until Monday - just to give you both a chance for recuperate but it does just sound like a horrible coincidence that they two accidents happened within such a short time sad

I remember dsd knocked her tooth out at nursery when she was about 2 (she was climbing and fell). I was a bit hmm about it at the time but then a couple of months later, she fell off her bike when she was with us and knocked her other one out. These things can happen anytime/anywhere I suppose. She's 6 now and still hasn't got her adult teeth through sad

motherofthetoothlesswonder Thu 15-Oct-09 10:44:29

i'm glad you don't think it would be mad to keep him off till monday.

that's what i am going to do and by then i will have calmed down i think!

poor boy.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now