Talk

Advanced search

Child sick outside school this am

(8 Posts)
JoeyBettany Mon 12-Oct-09 11:06:22

On the way to school with dcs, we saw a Y1 child being sick into some bushes. We walked on, and a few minutes later, the mum and child caught us up and carried on into school, where the child was dropped off.

I wasn't sure whether to say anything or not. I'm not keen on ds being exposed to infection but OTOH schools are rife with bugs and I don't want to make an enemy of the mum-it's a very small town and it will be obvious it's me as no other adults witnessed the vomiting.

I haven't done anything yet, but am feeling vaguely guilty.

What would you do?

pollywobbledoodle Mon 12-Oct-09 11:10:37

mention it...presumably the child smells of vomit and staff could say that they smelt it and asked..

Rhubarb Mon 12-Oct-09 11:10:57

I'd have told the teacher. I wouldn't care if the mother knew it was me or not, I'd also tell her to her face.

That child should not be in school if it was being sick. I'm sure you won't be thanking her if your child caught this bug just in time for half term would you? Neither would anyone else. It's irresponsible parenting and many parents would thank you for letting the teacher know.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Mon 12-Oct-09 11:13:01

Poor kid. I am one who sends in come hell or highwater (colds etc), but being sick on the way too school is a bit much even for me!!!

PerryPlatypus Mon 12-Oct-09 11:13:55

Are you sure it was illness?

My 6yr-old is often sick when he gets upset about something. The school know about it and are aware that he's not ill.

If it was illness, chances are he will be sick again at school so will be sent home again anyway.

JoeyBettany Mon 12-Oct-09 12:48:43

Well it looked more phlegmy than foody IYSWIM, maybe it's sickness brought on by coughing-even so i agree she'd have been better off at home.

ABitBatty Mon 12-Oct-09 12:53:27

I took ds2 to school this morning and he was sick on the way! Into a carrier bag on his knee on the backseat of the car. He is now playing merrily on Club Penguin at home!

lynniep Mon 12-Oct-09 12:56:16

Well I got some dirty looks at toddler group last week for taking my DS who did a slight puke after eating some cake. It wasnt a sickness bug - he has had a bad chest which unfortunately he's susceptible to come the cold (had pneumonia as a baby) and had coughed up some phlegm.
Dont think anyone believed me but hey ho, everyone has a right to feel concerned about seeing a child vomit then sent into a group of other children. So yes, I'd mention it to the teacher and just ask for them to keep any eye on that child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now