Talk

Advanced search

Should i get in back in touch with a friend?

(10 Posts)
worldgonemad72 Thu 24-Sep-09 10:33:28

Hi

Bit of a longish story, a friend was getting married at a registry office (local) an then the week after having a 'fake wedding' at a church the following week (about 2 hrs drive away)
I was 37 weeks pregnant at the time.
We went the registry office wedding then out for dinner with them after.
I was so worn out tho, dh didn't think it was a good idea to go to the 'fake' wedding (i could hardly walk, was running the loo every 10 mins etc)
Anyway we cancelled going the church do, we did offer to cover the cost of the meal but they declined the offer.
Anyway had the baby a few weeks later, had a really tough time, we haven't heard from them since apart from a joke text sent to my dh from hers.
my dh thinks it up to them to contact us and is quite peed off they never congratulated us.
its been 5 1/2 months since the wedding and baby is 5 months old now.
thanks all

HappyBump Thu 24-Sep-09 10:42:05

If you want to you should. All you need to do is give her a call then take it from there.

cinnamon81 Thu 24-Sep-09 10:51:39

Do you miss her friendship? Depends on if the relationship is worth it or if she was more of an acquaintence. Nearly half a year has passed I'd be really upset that she hadn't asked after me or the baby in that time if she was meant to be a friend.

ChunkyKitKat Fri 25-Sep-09 20:07:37

IMO they should appreciate your reasons for not going to the church do, you were heavily pregnant, 2 hour drive away.

I would phone them, there may be a good reasons why they've not been in touch.

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 25-Sep-09 20:09:16

If you love her, miss her and want her back in your life, then contact her.

If you're not that bothered, then get on with your life.

congrats on the baby, btw. smile

Katisha Fri 25-Sep-09 20:25:08

SHe may not "get it" until she has her own baby though. I never did!

Tinfoil Fri 25-Sep-09 22:24:56

Maybe a message never got through, or something got lost in the post?

LynetteScavo Fri 25-Sep-09 22:27:50

I would phone, or drop her a note.

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 22:33:41

get in touch
what's to be gained by not?

whilst I can understand you an your dh being hurt by their lack of contact, I can also understand why she'd also be hurt at your not going to her church thing.

worldgonemad72 Mon 28-Sep-09 10:06:26

Hi all

Well her husband got in tough with my dh over the weekend....i wonder if she's a mumsnetter?? He said He'd pop over to visit us but nothing has been arranged. TBH ive decided to leave it at the mo, its been over 5 months an altho i miss our chats i think it will always get awkward on wedding anniversarys babies birthday etc. Thanks for all your replies ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now