Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OH S*** have just washed dh's mobile!!

(8 Posts)
flowerfairy Wed 23-Sep-09 13:54:42

Anyone else done this? In one way i'm slightly amused by it, but am also thinking oh s*!blush THis is not in my tight budget to buy a new mobile this month. angry DH is not greatly attached to phone, (finds it more of a nuisance than help). Just decided to wash jeans today, picked them all up dumped in washer and then after they were done realised it was left in the washer. Oops! I know it is completely my fault for not checking the pockets before washing, he usually has it in his work trousers, but today it was in his jeans.

I'm assuming there is no remedy?

meltedmarsbars Wed 23-Sep-09 13:55:36

oops!

OrmIrian Wed 23-Sep-09 13:59:26

Yes. 3 times hmm But DS#1's not DHs.

You could try taking it apart and drying the bits outs as I have been advised on MN - but IME it doesn't work. Sorry.

And I am not sure that it is your fault. I still think it's stupid to leave things in your trouser pockets. All men should have handbags so they don't have to carry their wordly goods in their pockets! And that includes 12 yr old boys. So there.

flowerfairy Wed 23-Sep-09 14:01:30

Thannks OrmIrian. Nice to know someone is on my side.smile

CMOTdibbler Wed 23-Sep-09 16:43:32

I washed DH's the other week, and it did survive after a really good spell in a warm place

ohnelly Thu 24-Sep-09 19:38:53

Oh dear this reminds me of when I dropped my DPs brand new (and he is very attatched to it!) phone into a pint of squash!. I had just got a drink and put it down on the floor near where I was sitting. DP's phone was on the arm of the chair and as I sat down it went plop - straight into the drink!shock He was not impressed - tried drying it out which didnt work, but luckily got another one as it was insured.
I wouldnt feel too much to blame though - he shouldnt have left it in there.
I did wash and tumble try £20 once in my pocket and that was fine (and my fault)

thumbwitch Thu 24-Sep-09 19:41:36

It might work when dried out but only if you haven't already tried to switch it on - that's usually fatal.

flowerfairy Fri 25-Sep-09 09:49:23

Mmm unfortunately thumbwitch found your messagge too late as had already tried stupidly. It was a bit sstrange reeally as the screen loooked all lit up even after wash. Looks like I'll be dipping into the savings again. Why does payday take so long to come when you are sooo skint? DH doesn't seem too bothered as at least some annoying woman at work can't keep phoning him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now