Talk

Advanced search

birthday party with inlaws, ...im going on my own, and shitting a brick

(10 Posts)
Bwbach Tue 22-Sep-09 22:26:25

I have to take my DD to her cousins 5th Birthday party all on my own,......doesnt sound that bad eh??....yes, well they all hate me!!...its my SIL's son...and she hates me....made it very clear...the dreaded MIL, also thinks im a retard!.....and there are loads of the fathers family going who are really opinionated!!!......I just dont want to go go!!!....anyone else had a situation like this??..help??...can I get out of it??

cat64 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:32:12

Message withdrawn

notimetotidy Thu 24-Sep-09 21:43:21

I've been doing this for years for ds's two cousins. I've seen the same people there for 10 years - no one speaks to me unles I speak to them first - then they usually just grunt a reply if at all. I hate, hate, hate going but I do it anyway because DS wants to see his cousins. Best thing to do is, go, stay for a while, smile lots and do lots of deep breathing.

(Also, while you are there remember that they are all dickheads and you are the only normal person there!!!)

ohnelly Fri 25-Sep-09 21:05:56

Poor you. How much does DD want to go? If she is really looking forwards to it then I suppose you have to, but if not that bothered I would make an excuse and not go tbh, or see if you can drop her off and pick her up later

potoftea Fri 25-Sep-09 22:05:03

I wouldn't go.

It won't kill your dd to miss this one party, and no way would I go somewhere that I really feel unwanted and uncomfortable.

It's only a birthday party, not as if your dd is missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

bigchris Fri 25-Sep-09 22:11:20

why cant dds dad take her?

take a paper and read it in the car grin

moshchops Fri 25-Sep-09 22:33:29

Retard, what a weird choice of words?
Anyway, why dont you take your dd along and sit in a corner reading a book. Thats what I would do.

groundhogs Thu 01-Oct-09 23:58:24

I have a feeling that there is a seriously nasty thingamijiggy going about, strikes just as you are getting ready... dizziness and general nausea.

A lie down, watching a DVD with your DD is the only known treatment.

Don't put yourself through it... what's the worst that could happen... they don't speak to you??

EJECT...EJECT ..EJECT! grin

freakname Tue 06-Oct-09 18:47:03

I wouldn't go and I wouldn't be bothered about my DC not getting to know people who behaved like that. No brainer really.

TheGhostOfAMushroom Thu 08-Oct-09 13:12:13

Ah thank you for you replies, I went,(dh was working away, grrr) and did as 'notimetotidy' said, smiled and breathed deeply.....only after the party i got home and went on FB...to find the sister of the birthday boy had called me a bitch...only for thanking another girl for looking after my 18 month old dd at the party..."Urgghh???"..yes anyway it was a bloody nightmare!...thanks everyone....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now