Talk

Advanced search

Our next move..

(11 Posts)
Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 08:55:20

Finally sold our one bed flat - yay
What to do next, have a dh and dd aged nearly 2 would like to try for number 2 next summer, no guarentee that we will be able to concieve though (when is there I guess)

No deposit, so the options are:

3 bed on a fairly souless housing estate currently in catchment for outstanding primary and average secondary - Housing Association shared equity, easy commute to work

Shared equity 2 bed in ideal village, haven't seen it yet but I suspect pretty small, average primary and good secondary, longer commute to work

Fairly big shared equity 2 bed near town centre, don't know about primary, don't like secondary, nice area.

HA rental 2 bed flat, cat would have to go to my gran, cheap rent while we save deposit, wait for better

Private rental, expensive but more choices??

All hypothetical as haven't spoken to HAs yet but am registered and eligible... Don't know what to do for the best

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 10-Sep-09 08:57:31

first one

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 09:13:58

I think that is probably the way to go, has a lot going for it and is the same price as the village house, but I have a real aversion to housing estates, it is near some countryside, right on the edge of town, but no shops or pubs or anything, we would have to drive everywhere (driving test booked for the end of next month).

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 09:40:20

Anyone else fancy offering an opinion? Dh really bored of talking about it (already we only sold on Mon).

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 13:39:19

Oh bums, option one is under offer sad
It had a kitchen big enough to have a table in it. pants.

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 14:12:06

Nice village one also under offer sad

Starting to get less excited now.
Found another village one, but seems iffy, council are re-generating, local school has 'well above average' pupils with SEN, I'm thinking lots of social housing hmm
Is 3 beds but why oh why do they build these things with lounge diners rather than kitchen diners???

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 14:29:45

Not that anyone cares [sulks]

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 20:48:35

Went to see the other 3 bed, that one was in a huge council estate, near to a disused army barracks so I'm guessing squaddy housing that was sold to HA/council?? Not nice anyway.
So 2 bed in town or rental? I'm thinking housing market about to pick up, may be shrewd to keep money in housing, will prob have to move in 4-5 years but will have to move out of rental too. But then what if nice 3 beds become available in the next year? Worth holding out a year? Decisions decisions..

Not that anyone is bothered, but is thereputic to get thoughts down. wink

kalo12 Thu 10-Sep-09 20:52:28

nearest to the best primary school, cheapest option and move again for secondary

Wonderstuff Thu 10-Sep-09 21:08:22

Only one house in the running though, primary is satisfactory with some good scores. Otherwise we have to rent and will move again before dd old enough for school...

cheapest option would be rebting through ha. but would be a flat and i wouldn;t want to be there long, plus would have to rehome cat

kalo12 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:13:16

i still say sch is most important. rent.

we are in similar dilemmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now