Talk

Advanced search

Report friend's husband and jeopardise his job?

(51 Posts)
snakeinthegrass Sun 06-Sep-09 22:52:45

He's the caretaker at the local secondary school. He's into photography and has pages on a popular photo-hosting website. These include glamour shots, presumably taken in a hired studio with models. Plenty of full frontal, all pretty naff really.

Anyway, interspersed with these pics are shots of his daughter and her friends on their prom night (they left the school at which he holds a job this summer). They aren't glamour shots as such, definitely no nakedness, just posing in their gowns, you know the kind of thing.

So, he hasn't done anything wrong with regards to the law, but it does seem a bit, well, ill-judged, iykwim. I think it unlikely that the girls' parents know the pics are out there.Another friend is trying to pursuade me to report it to the school Head Teacher.

So, WWYD?

Oh, regular, namechanged btw.

Tortington Sun 06-Sep-09 22:54:58

offs really

really you would risk a man losing his job in this climate, devestating his family, maybe losing his house, his car his future, his references.

You would do that over this?

fucking nasty - think it through lady

just speak to him or send him a letter

colditz Sun 06-Sep-09 22:57:06

DOn't be a twat.

snakeinthegrass Sun 06-Sep-09 22:58:30

never said i was a lady

LuluMaman Sun 06-Sep-09 22:58:37

agree with custy

he has a hobby photographing grown women without their clothes on.

so what? how does it affect his ability to do his job?

he has obviously done some pics of his daughter and her friend fully clothed as practice

how spiteful for you and your friend to consider reporting him

LuluMaman Sun 06-Sep-09 23:00:45

also, how would you ever look your friend in the eye again if he did lose his job?

SolidGoldBrass Sun 06-Sep-09 23:04:04

I really, really hope you're a troll. Because the idea that there are people as paranoid and ignorant as this, prepared to accuse an individual of being a danger to children on the grounds that the individual owns a camera is really fucking depressing.

snakeinthegrass Sun 06-Sep-09 23:05:29

blimey, wwyd is good innit?

Never caught on like aibu.

I dunno, I'm far from reporting him to the head. I think he's jeopardised his job already tbh. As I said, ill-judged really.

snakeinthegrass Sun 06-Sep-09 23:10:05

Now really, I never said he was a danger to children, did I?

If I was a parent though, I'd be pretty pissed off that the caretaker was publishing pics of my daughter. Just that really.

LuluMaman Sun 06-Sep-09 23:11:24

hy not a quiet discreet word to him re publshing pics of daughter and friends? that would be enough

Heated Sun 06-Sep-09 23:12:18

Would it be better if he was a hedge fund accoutant?

paisleyleaf Sun 06-Sep-09 23:14:25

What do you mean by 'publishing'
Some of these sites are just to host/store your photos.

SolidGoldBrass Sun 06-Sep-09 23:14:44

If he is an established photographer then he will be fully aware that he shouldn't publish pictures of anyone without their permission. YOU don't know that he hasn't got the permission of these teenagers (or of their parents).
Keep your beak out.

snakeinthegrass Sun 06-Sep-09 23:22:01

By "publishing" I mean they're on the www and anyone can look at them.

I think it unlikely that he has permission, I'm reluctant to explain why on here. Sorry to be obtuse, but you see I'm a reasonable sort really and I don't want to out him. (Or me, obviously).

TigerDrivesAgain Sun 06-Sep-09 23:22:32

bonkers mcConkers. you, not him.

paisleyleaf Sun 06-Sep-09 23:25:52

Okay, I didn't know how public the pages he's got the photos on are.
Would the daughter perhaps have told her friends they're on the www

Tortington Sun 06-Sep-09 23:31:35

my daughter went to her prom,

the very same evening there were loads of pictures of her - that has been taken by lots of her peers and put on facebook.

my point is that this kind of thing happens all the time.

Corporalcornsilk Sun 06-Sep-09 23:36:39

If you are concerned have a word with him and suggest that he takes the pics of the girls off. Problem solved.

paisleyleaf Sun 06-Sep-09 23:37:54

There are a couple of photos I'm in on Friends reunited. Class photos. I never gave permission. How does the law stands with photos on the www and permission?

FarkinBarkin Sun 06-Sep-09 23:38:41

I don't get it. Is the issue that he takes glamour shots or that he has displayed the shots on the same site as photos of his daughter?

Rindercella Sun 06-Sep-09 23:39:03

I am sure his daughter has already directed her friends to the photos online. What teenager could resist having a look at herself in all her prom finery?

WWID? I would not do a thing. There is nothing to be done.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 06-Sep-09 23:42:30

Message withdrawn

TheCrackFox Sun 06-Sep-09 23:47:38

Am I being thick but how is taking photos of teenagers wearing prom dresses jeopardising his job?

What dilemma?

edam Sun 06-Sep-09 23:55:41

I suppose putting photos of his dd and her friends near pics of naked women is a bit distasteful. But really, throwing him out of his job seems rather extreme. Sounds more like a case for a sensible word 'I think some people have noticed and might object...'.

Btw, someone taking a photo doesn't need to ask for permission, although it's polite. Professional photographers who will have their pix published in the media do generally get people to sign model release forms, depending on the situation - news photographers may not. Big difference between a member of the public pursuing their hobby and someone doing their job and publishing photos for money (nowt wrong with it, of course, just different in terms of permissions).

TigerDrivesAgain Mon 07-Sep-09 00:05:43

hello Shiney old mate

did you mention me? Don't get on here much now. I bet Penguins were involved.

Sorry for hijack, chaps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now