Talk

Advanced search

If you sacrifice to send your DC to fee-paying schools, then what will you do about funding University?

(4 Posts)
bidibidi Fri 04-Sep-09 17:56:38

Our local state High Schools are not very good.

For us it would really be a choice, either fee-paying secondary school and they get big debts if they want to go to Uni, OR state school for secondary, but we can make sure they leave Uni with little or no debts. We can't afford to help with both.

WWYD?

crokky Fri 04-Sep-09 17:59:31

If your local schools are not good, I would pay for the private school. If you are disciplined as a student, you can earn quite a lot of money doing part time work.

Also, you can't see into the future so you should make the best decision for now. There are bursaries available at some universitites etc, your financial position might improve.

Overmydeadbody Fri 04-Sep-09 18:04:53

If my DS wants to go to uni he will have to find the means to support himself through it himself.

kathyis6incheshigh Fri 04-Sep-09 18:09:16

We might end up doing this. If so we will worry about university when it comes to it. However, realistically, mine are likely to inherit some money from grandparents at some point, so hopefully any debts from university can be offset by that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now