Talk

Advanced search

Going to Italy to visit friends and ex for the first time in 15 years - present ideas?

(6 Posts)
bellawilliams Thu 03-Sep-09 21:01:41

I spent a year of university working in a theatre in a small town in Italy. Had afantastic time and made some nice friends but over the years lost touch with them and haven't been back. Thanks to the wonder of Facebook have been back in touch and have planned a trip there (on my own, a whole weekend - CANNOT WAIT!!!!) to see my old boss, a couple of old friends and a guy I went out with for a bit. Really want to take each a present - something fairly english - none of them have ever been here, but no idea. We are talking lady (mum of 2) of 42, guy of 48.... any ideas????

BlueBumedFly Thu 03-Sep-09 22:13:26

Do you have any photos of your time there? Instead of trying for force and English gift perhaps frame some old photos?

MmeLindt Fri 04-Sep-09 12:45:13

I lived in Germany for 15 years and one of the things that always went down well as a gift was M&S food. They used to so nice baskets with some tea and biscuits.

Another idea is a couple of Dunoon mugs

or very British

and a packet of PG Tipps.

bellawilliams Fri 04-Sep-09 13:44:22

Thanks - the photos I have are pretty dire but might do OK if I photoshop them. Just wondered if anyone had an Italian relative or knew what Italians particularly hanker after from Britain.....
And I remember how bad the non English teabags are!!!

MmeLindt Fri 04-Sep-09 13:52:12

Maybe have a look on the Overseas Topic? I think there is an Italian thread, Little Italy?

BlueBumedFly Fri 04-Sep-09 15:00:00

I missed tea bags, marmite and baked beans when I lived overseas... then again I am english....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now