Talk

Advanced search

Work/hospital appointments

(7 Posts)
nymphadora Tue 25-Aug-09 19:08:52

I work flexi time and 26 hours a week spread over 3 1/2 days though regularly over 4 & build up loads of flexi. To combat this I have agreed with my boss that I will start late from Sept which enables me to take my kids to school (unless I have something at work this means starting 9:45)

as part of the flexi agreement we have to take drs appts as our time but hosp can come out of work time.
As I had to travel an hour each way to hosp today whose time is that?

I now have to have physio so does that come out of worktime or out of my time off? If I was full time it would be out of the work day but as I am part time does that mean I am supposed to have it on my day off?

WWYD?

vinblanc Tue 25-Aug-09 19:14:51

When I had physio, I did during my lunch break or after work - because I could. My employers would have allowed me to go during work time, but that would have inconvenienced my colleagues and clients.

Given that physio is something that usually needs several appointments, it is only fair to all affected that you do some of it in your own time.

I was lucky in that my physio was five minutes walk from work. I have pmi, so didn't pay after my deductable, but the cost was £35 per half-hour. If you have the option of a neaarer private physio that would take less time out of your day, it might be a reasonable option for you to just pay for it.

Paolosgirl Tue 25-Aug-09 19:23:01

The travel time would be counted as part of the hospital appointment, and I wouldn't expect my staff or myself to have to pay for any private appointment.

Doctors appointments should always be taken outside of work time, or flexi used, but hospital appointments and the time taken to get to them (and any late running) would be part of my working day. By all means offer to work back the time, but it certainly wouldn't be expected in my workplace.

Wherever possible I would try and arrange them for my days off, but hospital appointments do not work like that. I would also suggest that you offer written confirmation of your appointment for their records.

chichichien Tue 25-Aug-09 19:27:31

I would try to avoid clashes with work if possible. If you have lots of regular physion appts coming up, I'd try to make most of them in my time.

fluffles Tue 25-Aug-09 19:39:01

we have the same arrangement (although i'm full-time) and my manager gave me my physio appts when i first started and was allocated a time by letter... though once i'd been and was making my own follow-up appointments i tried through my own choice to get them at 8am or after 4pm so that i didn't miss work because even if they give me the time i still have to catch up on the work!

nymphadora Tue 25-Aug-09 20:03:29

Icant do first thing because if taking kids to school and most of my appointments are after school / tea time with work,so I never have the option to finish early.the physio would be near my home ( none near work unless I go private) which is40 mins each way from my office . It's the fact I do so much overmyhours ATM I am reluctant to use what I have left blush

nymphadora Wed 26-Aug-09 08:35:52

Have decided to put 2 hours on flexi sheet for yesterday which takes me to 5pmand see if anyone says anything. Will go and sort physio today and see how flexible they are over appts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now