Talk

Advanced search

Problem with DD Startrite fitted shoes! Advice needed!

(3 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Sun 23-Aug-09 22:27:47

Bought DD3 a pair of Startrite fitted school shoes in Feb half term.

The week before we broke up from School in the summer, DD3 started moaning that they were hurting her feet, when I checked, she had actually worn a big hole where her big toe rested on the inner sole of the shoe.

I wondered if she has been gripping down whilst walking and the pressure has caused this.

Now I know she has had the shoes since Feb half term, but when I put her shoes on her feet she seems to have plenty of room left in her shoes.

I am wondering if she was fitted with the wrong size.

Tomorrow I am off back to the shop (startrite normally fit my childrens feet better and so far what with having 3DDs have been ok!)

Do I mention anything to them, or just keep quiet and hope that I am not going to buy yet another pair of shoes the same size that DD3 has already but can't wear them because there is a hole in them and its all rough and uncomfortable. Or even worse buy a smaller pair to fit her!

Part of me thinks well she has had them for almost 6 mths and so had good wear out of them, but then part of me thinks, hey hang on a sec they are still to big for her what the HECK! IYSWIM

What should I do?
Keep my mouth closed or say something?

Thanks, my problem is normally anything for an easy life but at the moment I am counting every penny and Startrite shoes are not cheap.

Fimbo Sun 23-Aug-09 22:39:46

How old is your dd?

My dd is 11 and has had a couple of pairs of their Rhino range which have been spectacularly awful, heels wearing down really quickly, straps falling off etc etc. I ended up just buying her new ones.

Take them with you when you go to the shop and see what they say.

mynaughtylittlesister Sun 23-Aug-09 22:43:58

She is 9, TBH, I thought she was moaning because she wanted a new pair of sandals for the summer, so I didnt really take her seriously. Bad mother alert!sad

think I will take them and see what they say, if push comes to shove, just wont go there again which will be sad as have used this shop for a good 12 plus years, just hate complaining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now