Talk

Advanced search

Who would you ask for a reference? (sorry, long)

(5 Posts)
pinkthechaffinch Thu 20-Aug-09 22:40:29

Well, in Sept 2008 I achieved EYPS (Early Years Professional Status) over the course of one year. I had a great relationship with my tutor, but haven't heard from her since I got my results.

In the last few months of the course, I became pregnant. During the pregnancy, I worked as an EYP for the local Surestart Staff Bank in a local Children's Centre.
I was told I worked very well there but the manager has changed and the Surestart bosses don't know me very well at all.(it's been 10 months now since I worked for them).

My baby is now 7 months and I'm keen to return to work. However, jobs at this level in my area are very poorly paid, and I'm now thinking of completely retraining to become a children's nurse.
Hence my dilemma; do you think I should ask my tutor for a reference ,or has too much time gone by.

Penthesileia Thu 20-Aug-09 22:42:29

Ask her. I don't think too much time has gone by. I've written references for students who left years ago. Good luck! smile

pinkthechaffinch Thu 20-Aug-09 22:46:11

Thanks, penthesileia-
I hate asking acquaintances for favours, you've made me feel that it's not such a strange thing to do!smile

yama Thu 20-Aug-09 22:50:38

I second Penthesileia's advice. I too have written references for students from years ago.

pinkthechaffinch Fri 21-Aug-09 07:15:55

Well, I received an email from her just now saying she'd be delighted to!

Thanks for your advice, guys x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now