Talk

Advanced search

what should I do or say, if anything at all?

(6 Posts)
hiraeth Wed 19-Aug-09 13:41:39

A couple of relatives have recently asked me if I am going to a family event and both times I have had to tell them I have not heard a word about this event from the people who are throwing it. I was first asked about two weeks ago but now another member of my immediate family has asked. The people throwing the event are immediate family. I am kind of sure they are not deliberately excluding me and they will get round to asking me eventually but they seem to have spoken to everyone else about it. I have been in touch with them by text and email for other reasons and it's never been mentioned. It is a small event and we are a small family.

Should I just email them and ask outright or do I sit tight and assume they have just forgotten but will be in touch soon?

hiraeth Wed 19-Aug-09 13:43:07

to avoid confusion I mean I was first asked by someone other than the people throwing the event if I was going about 2 weeks ago.

Iklboo Wed 19-Aug-09 13:47:29

It could be that each of them has thought the other was going to invite you - or that you'd assume you were invited once Relative X mentioned it.
You could email them on some other pretext and see if an invite ensues? <sneaky emoticon>

hiraeth Wed 19-Aug-09 13:55:00

see I have tried that but might try it again to see what happens. I just feel terribly excluded and am feeling stupidly sensitive about it.

MamazontheDailyMailtakingadump Wed 19-Aug-09 13:55:43

hmm i think maybe they would have mentioned it at some point if you have spoken to them.

sounds a bit odd

hiraeth Wed 19-Aug-09 13:58:54

they hate me don't they? sad wink I am getting a bit irrationally annoyed about it and I know the simplest thing to do would be to just ask them because I really don't think there is any reason they would deliberately exclude me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now