Talk

Advanced search

FIL keeps putting DD on his shoulders and I'm worried she will wriggle off

(7 Posts)
GirlsAreLoud Sat 15-Aug-09 19:23:15

DH puts 12mo old DD on his shoulders but he supports her tummy and back while he does this.

In the last month or too she has started to arch her back a lot and wriggle out of our grasp when we hold her.

FIL only sees her every 6 weeks or so and missed changes like this so assumes that something he could do 6 weeks ago he can still do now - he is therefore still holding her just by her arms when she is up on his shoulders and it terrifies me. How can DH ask him nicely not do it again? Just need inspiration for words I think, she really nearly wriggled off his shoulders at the weekend.

choufleur Sat 15-Aug-09 19:36:57

just tell him to hold her differently - however you would prefer him to. or ask him not to do it as she wiggles so much.

GirlsAreLoud Sat 15-Aug-09 19:40:01

I don't want him to do it all tbh, but don't want to offend him.

choufleur Sat 15-Aug-09 19:42:37

can't you just say you think she's a bit young for shoulder rides, but it will be fine to do it when she's a bit older.

I'm very blunt with my ILs though. FIL does lots of things i don't like but i just have to say things to stand up for DS (FIL is a bully)

GirlsAreLoud Sat 15-Aug-09 19:43:53

Good point choufleur. I think it's because he's seen DH do it. I think I'll ask DH not to do it in front of him and just say we don't do it anymore.

My heart is in my mouth watching him run across the patio with her on his shoulders.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Sat 15-Aug-09 20:43:27

If he's going to do it, then holding both of her ankles is IMO the most secure approach. Even my wriggletastic DCs never managed to come close to wriggling off that way.

logi Wed 19-Aug-09 00:54:25

I would just tell him ,my dh isnt allowed to do it to ds it makes me feel ill lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now