Talk

Advanced search

About new neighbours using my drive to reverse over/turn round on?

(8 Posts)
Fimbo Fri 14-Aug-09 17:13:38

Arrgh. New neighbours moved into the rented property next door to me. They are using my drive to turn their car round on or driving over it and reversing back so their cars are outside their front door. They do have a driveway of their own, but it is a piggyback affair, where you need to have one carin front of the other and of course nobody wants to be reversing back and forward to let each others car out all the time iyswim.

My old neighbours use to just stop outside the door (in a big old tank) and I can't understand why the new people are not doing the same plus the car is a small one, arrgh they have just reversed on my drive again, as I am typing this.

God it's peeing me off big time.

But what do I do? I am scared they hit my ds when he goes out on his bike as he is not used to people generally just using our drive.

abraid Fri 14-Aug-09 17:16:31

Get a gate would be the simplest response if it's not too dear. Or one of those bollards you can push up and down.

Fimbo Fri 14-Aug-09 17:19:42

We do have a gate but there is still a big enough space for them to use iyswim. I don't want to fall out with them but if things continue I will need to say something or email the agents.

StayFrostyBoobNazisCureCancer Fri 14-Aug-09 19:37:12

Can you just say something to them? if they're new, and you just really really nicely say 'could you not use my drive please?' then it just lets them know that you mind, and stops it escalating into a Thing iyswim.

Curiousmama Fri 14-Aug-09 19:39:27

Just explain about your ds using the drive. If you're polite they can't say much surely?

coolkat Fri 14-Aug-09 19:53:30

Anyway of using your wheelie bins to block the drive? Prob won't look great but may get the message across....

Fimbo Fri 14-Aug-09 23:38:08

I left ds's old bike at the bottom of the drive and a couple of other toys, so it didn't look as though I was being mean and they couldn't then use the drive. They seem to want to turn the cars in a circular movement instead of just reversing back and slightly down the road opposite their house, which is what the previous occupants did. When dh came home he parked across the drive so they couldn't use it. Hopefully they will have got the message. If not then I will introduce myself and politely explain about ds (and all the other children in my street!) using our driveway etc and hope that does the trick.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Curiousmama Sat 15-Aug-09 12:11:31

Or you could get one of those spiky things the police throw on motorways to stop runaway cars, that'll fettle them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now