Talk

Advanced search

Ex has contacted me on Friends Reunited.....

(9 Posts)
Intheshoit Mon 03-Aug-09 15:55:39

So, totally out of the blue, the other day an ex-boyfriend left a comment on my Friends Reunited stating "you haven't changed a bit". I'd love to be flattered but the last time I heard from him was over 25 years ago when he was, frankly, a bit of a sleaze, and I was an infatuated, impressionable teenager.
I supposed I should have ignored it but curiousity got the better of me and I sent him a note expressing surprise at him remembering me and asking why he's got in touch with me.
His reply was "you can't forget a great smile like yours".
I have to say I'm not in the least bit interested in him, relationship wise (god, no!) as I'm very happily married but I have a nosey nature so I retorted with a "same old lines" message and asked him what he's been up to. My profile tells my life story but all he states is "living with someone" and "two kids"
Now I'm wondering if my curiousity might be interpreted as interest and if I've been a bit of a prat to get drawn in. I don't want full-blown correspondence with the guy, but I am just incredibly nosey!
I've told DH and he's not best impressed.
Feel free to tell me if I've been a total berk about this.

Intheshoit Mon 03-Aug-09 17:02:30

no-one????

hmm, i think i just want to satisfy my curiousity as to whether he's still the sleaze he used to be at 17 or if he's grown up to be a mature, responsible adult....

SummerC Mon 03-Aug-09 17:06:53

I don't think you've been a "berk" (love that btw). I would be curious as well. If he does reply though, I would tell him in no uncertain terms that you are HAPPILY married and not interested in him anymore.

If he won't give up...just tell him that your DH has a MASSIVE....personality wink and he couldn't possibly expect you to jeopardise that!! grin

Intheshoit Mon 03-Aug-09 18:49:41

well I got another reply and.....

it turns out he's still a sleaze! Just an older one now!

Ho-hum!

beanieb Mon 03-Aug-09 18:51:44

You've not ben a berk, it's only the internet. Just ignore him if he's being sleazy.

HeadFairy Mon 03-Aug-09 18:52:07

What was the other reply intheshoit?

(I'm even nosier than you )

Intheshoit Mon 03-Aug-09 19:05:49

well i asked him to "satisfy my nosiness" about what he's been up to in interim years and he seemed to pick up on the word 'satisfy' and offered some other form of "satisfaction".

Should've been more careful with the wording I guess.

Got me thinking, if there's a paralell universe where another 'me' ended up with him, there's some really poor sap of a woman who got the rather raw deal. Glad I'm at the other end of that particular spectrum.

HeadFairy Mon 03-Aug-09 19:06:54

eeeewww what a slimeball! You're well out of it

Intheshoit Mon 03-Aug-09 19:10:41

my thoughts exactly.
Methinks I may be the focus of somebody's mid-life crisis!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now