Talk

Advanced search

Trip with mum - dont know what to do!

(8 Posts)
littlelozz Mon 20-Jul-09 10:50:49

Im totally confused so would like some outside opinions please!

My mum has family in Canada - aunts, cousins - and goes every year. I think she doesnt enjoy it as they sit in her cousins cottage in the middle of no where and eat and drink for a week and then the other week she stays in her house while she works in the basement and doesnt venture out. Whenever she phones she sounds so down and depressed. Says she isnt but I know my mum.

She is off again in September and I jokingly asked to go (an off the cuff comment). Right now I am on maternity leave and there isnt anything stopping me from going (ie work or DC school)
Mum has offered to get our tickets and really really wants us to go. I do want to go as it would be good to meet family I have never met. But I know that we wouldnt do anything really and feel it would be a waste going all that way with a 3 month old baby and a 2 year old to just sit about and relax for nearly 2 weeks.

The other thing is, although my mum says her cousin is all about family and is dying to meet me and my girls I feel that us going would change their holiday in some respects - two kids and her daughter.

WWYD if you were in my shoes? Take the opportunity to go to Canada and see family you probably will never see again or let your mum go on her own and not intrude?

Btw hubby happy for us to go without him so thats not a problem

Lx

SoupDragon Mon 20-Jul-09 10:54:25

Go!

SoupDragon Mon 20-Jul-09 10:56:04

1) "it would be a waste going all that way with a 3 month old baby and a 2 year old to just sit about and relax for nearly 2 weeks."

Eh?? You'll have family around to dote on the little ones and you're not going to take the opportunity?? It sounds ideal to me

2) "I feel that us going would change their holiday in some respects"

Not for the worse though, especially by what you say. It may shoot some life into it!

HuffwardlyRouge Mon 20-Jul-09 11:00:14

Go go go. Definitely go.

littlelozz Mon 20-Jul-09 11:02:29

Im being a bit daft arent I?? blush

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Mon 20-Jul-09 11:09:56

Go

Buda Mon 20-Jul-09 11:13:54

Go! It may change the holiday but so what. Change is good. Change sounds like what they might need. You mum will love showing you off. The children will inject a new lease of life into the whole thing.

SoupDragon Mon 20-Jul-09 11:18:21

Yes, you're being a bit daft

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now