Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(2 Posts)
Maldiva Mon 20-Jul-09 00:06:50

I have a friend who has kids at the same school as mine. I know she is defensive about her son (very, er, 'physical' with other children, can be an exuberant little sod somtimes) as others have criticised his behaviour in the past.

My friend tends to down-play her son's behaviour, puts it down to him flirting with girls, just being a boy when hitting other boys. But she is always the first to point out other children's bad behaviour to them and their paretns, when she wouldn't say anything to her own. She is just very sensitive to how children act towards her own and defensive of how her kids act towards otherwise. It wouldn't bother me if it was a level playing field, but it's not. One rule for her kids, one rule for everyone else's.

The other day she was complaining to me how my DS was grumpy to her younger DD when her DD "was only trying to be friendly" by coming over to say hello to DS. But she ignores how on another occasion later the same day, her DD greeted my DS by calling him stupid and both her children taunted him with that.

Do you have a friend like this? How do you deal with it?

mumblecrumble Mon 20-Jul-09 22:13:24

How old are the kids?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now