Talk

Advanced search

take the 3 points on your licence or attend training day?

(11 Posts)
brimfull Fri 10-Jul-09 12:26:33

Have no other points.

MrsWobble Fri 10-Jul-09 12:31:09

if this is the speed awareness course then I took that option. I did it to avoid points on my licence but found the course very good and thought provoking. A lot of thought has gone into the design of it and it is not just sitting there being told off or preached to - they are trying to get you to understand the impact of speeding. It worked with me and I'm much more careful now - and not because I don't want to get caught but because I don't want to kill anyone and whilst the probability may be low the impact would be devastating.

MrsWobble Fri 10-Jul-09 12:31:17

if this is the speed awareness course then I took that option. I did it to avoid points on my licence but found the course very good and thought provoking. A lot of thought has gone into the design of it and it is not just sitting there being told off or preached to - they are trying to get you to understand the impact of speeding. It worked with me and I'm much more careful now - and not because I don't want to get caught but because I don't want to kill anyone and whilst the probability may be low the impact would be devastating.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 10-Jul-09 12:33:30

DH did the training day - comments much like Mrs Wobble. So I would too if the situation arose.

chevre Fri 10-Jul-09 12:34:45

definitely training day

brimfull Fri 10-Jul-09 12:37:29

what are the disadvantages of 3 points on licence-have never had any

flowerybeanbag Fri 10-Jul-09 12:41:10

Problems with points - might affect your insurance premium? Means if you get caught again you have suddenly got 6 points which would affect your insurance premium and leave you closer to a ban. For some jobs you need a clean licence.

I'd go for the course.

PortAndLemon Fri 10-Jul-09 13:21:46

Course.

brimfull Fri 10-Jul-09 13:35:31

right course it is then

thanks

GrimmaTheNome Fri 10-Jul-09 14:26:16

You're probably meant to inform your insurer anyway if you've been 'done', whichever penalty you choose.

PrettyCandles Fri 10-Jul-09 14:28:07

Training day, without a shadow of a doubt. Points can give you problems, learning can give you benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now