Talk

Advanced search

Next door's dog crying day and night

(7 Posts)
sameagain Fri 10-Jul-09 11:01:07

The couple next door have split and she's moved out leaving a dog, husband and 2 teenage children.

I think the dog was "hers". Only about 2 years old and she's certainly the only one who ever walked it.

Since she left it is almost permanently confined to the garden (very rarely anyone at home for more than an hour at a time) and it cries/wines constantly.

Neighbour seems nice enough, but I can't say I know him and I daresay there are a lot of issues in that house atm, but firstly there's concern of the dog's welfare and secondly the fact that the noise is flipping annoying. So what (if anything) would you do? We know the neighbours on the other side well and they are fuming about the noise, but not direct neighbours of the dog iyswim

sameagain Fri 10-Jul-09 13:13:28

anyone?

Tamarto Fri 10-Jul-09 13:14:30

RSPCA

mumblechum Fri 10-Jul-09 13:16:37

Yes, phone the RSPCA and your local dog warden (council environmental health dept).

He should be rehoming it if he can't be bothered to look after it.

junglist1 Sat 11-Jul-09 21:41:45

Call the RSPCA out. He might not want the dog without the relationship, he's certainly acting like that. IMO these things tend to disintegrate even further. Is the dog fed? That's quite worrying actually.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 11-Jul-09 21:42:23

RSPCA

Hormonesnomore Tue 25-Aug-09 21:44:48

Just found your thread sameagain & hope it's not too late to make a suggestion.

We had a similar problem with a neighbour's dog & I called the RSPCA only to be told that if the dog didn't look undernourished, if it had food & shelter, it was probably only suffering separation anxiety hmm.

The noise persisted for months & from being worried about the dog, we progressed to being extremely annoyed that we couldn't enjoy sitting in our own garden for the noise this dog was making. Even having our windows open on a warm day became impossible.

So, DH called the council & they sent someone round to the neighbours - gave them a talk on looking after a dog - and probably warned them of the consequences of letting it annoy the neighbours! - so far, we've heard barely a squeak out of it this summer.

Good luck, I hope you get a solution to this awful problem soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now