Talk

Advanced search

Friend has Dreadful Table Manners

(5 Posts)
ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 03-Jul-09 16:21:53

A really good friend of mine is coming for dinner next week with some other friends. She is such a kind and thoughtful person, but has this horrible habit of, um, eating with her mouth open, and also tends to pick her nose shock shock

What do others do?

hunkermunker Fri 03-Jul-09 16:22:46

Offer her two slices of bread, some butter and a plate and tell her to make a bogey sandwich.

HTH.

4andnotout Fri 03-Jul-09 16:26:12

All of dp's family have appaling manners, they can't and wont use cutlery properly, eat with their mouths open and are generally piggish.

It is one of my pet hates and makes me feel physically sick so can't sit anywhere near them when i eat, i just pointedly remind my dd's to use their manners and eat nicely but the inlaws don't seem to pick up on it.

Everyone in my family jokes about it, infact when my mums dog was slapping her chops and eating something loudly my grandad commented that even the dog can eat quieter than my fil!

Im afraid i don't have any suggestions other than sitting so you don't have to look at her blush

thisisyesterday Fri 03-Jul-09 16:32:10

have some tissues handy andoffer her one when she picks her nose, she might get the message

PortBlacksandResident Fri 03-Jul-09 16:35:44

My house mate at uni (lovely girl) used to cough up into a tissue at the dinner table, screw it into a ball and put it on the table next to her plate <gag> <retch>.

I very rarely ate with her.

I have no real advice as i have such a weak stomach - one of the teacher at DSs school was telling a lad off the other day and he started coughing up and chewing it while she was talking to him.

I really have just retched again now thinknig about it.

Gross!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now