Talk

Advanced search

CHICKEN POX....

(15 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:39:10

DS1 got these a few weeks ago, scabbed over fine now.

We thought we had gotten away with it but DD came up in spots this AM.

Its my Aunts 40th tomorrow night, from 5PM as its a bit for the kids too.

At leat 2 kids there I KNOW have not had chickenpox,

asumming DD (7 months) is fine would you go?

Im assuming ds2 (3) has them too but no spots yet.

Pinkjenny Fri 03-Jul-09 11:40:33

No, I wouldn't. My dd passed them on to her 22 year old cousin. He was not happy.

spicemonster Fri 03-Jul-09 11:41:58

No way. Unless you can contact every other single person who is going to be there in advance to check they're happy about it. I'd be really pissed off if you'd arrived with live pox and I was the parent of one of those children.

Sorry

pooka Fri 03-Jul-09 11:41:59

I would only go if the do was in a private home, not a public place, and all the guests had been advised, giving them the opportunity to decide. Though saying that, asking rather puts the other parents at least in the awkward position of essentially either vetoing you and your family, or missing out on the party themselves.

So on balance - no. Go on your own, but don't take children with you.

Disenchanted3 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:42:53

Thats what I thought but Aunt wants us to go I think, my 3 kids make up the majority of children going! lol.

I'll tell her.

Disenchanted3 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:43:35

We can't go alone, no baby sitter

procrastinatingparent Fri 03-Jul-09 11:44:52

I know it's tedious but I don't think you can take the kids. Although most people want their kids to get chicken pox, some moments are more convenient than others and with holidays coming up ...

I do sympathise - I have just spent a month indoors with two very bad cases, and it was boring as.

pooka Fri 03-Jul-09 11:45:33

YOu could go on your own wink A night away from pox-y children might be a special treat.

No - still don't think you can go, even if your aunt wants you there. YOu just never know whether all the adults have had it, and then there's the children who you know haven't, and people may have all sorts of holiday plans that don't involve a bout of chicken pox just before the end of term.

Overmydeadbody Fri 03-Jul-09 11:47:18

You can't go.

Could one of you stay with infected children while the other goes with DS1?

Disenchanted3 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:48:21

Its not a big party BTW, just family at her home, theres only 4 other kids going.

But I don't think we will

Stretch Fri 03-Jul-09 11:48:45

Bring them to me instead!! I am desperate for DD2 and DS to get them before DD goes to school and before the baby is born!! (due in 11 weeks!) grin

Stretch, if only I'd known, both of mine have just had it. I'm right near you, I could have brought them round and rubbed them on your dc's.grin

To op I would only go, if everyone else going, knows and is ok with it, this might be doable with a small group?

I've just done a month of cp quarantine, it is a pita.

snickersnack Fri 03-Jul-09 11:58:11

It's deeply annoying, isn't it? Just don't think you can risk it - I know all the arguments about them being more infectious before the spots come out when you don't know they have them, but at least at that point if you did infect someone it would be because you didn't know. Whereas if you infect them knowingly, that's a whole different issue.

I speak as someone who had to leave a spotty ds at home last week for a family function. And who is frankly sick to the back teeth of chicken pox and all its associated symptoms, treatments and complications.

PortAndLemon Fri 03-Jul-09 12:00:11

One of you could take DS1, given he's had it and is out the other side.

Stretch Fri 03-Jul-09 12:58:22

grin Thanks WTWTW!! So kind of you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now