Talk

Advanced search

dd (6) birthday party, manic at work, skint... is a small after school party ok?

(9 Posts)
civilfawlty Thu 02-Jul-09 19:33:05

That really. dd is 6 in 10 days. i'm away on work training all next week, so the weekend is out. following weekend is first of summer hols, so...

i was considering bringing 6 girls from her class back here (would need to ask my sis for help) and giving tea, playing a few games, hopefully putting up the paddling pool etc, then saying parents to collect at maybe half six.

is this ok? will parents hate me for not doing something at the weekend? all opinions welcome. thank you, thank you...

BonzoDoodah Fri 03-Jul-09 09:43:29

That sounds like a perfect party for a 6 year-old. Any more and it can get overwhelming and you start wondering just who the party is arranged for anyway. 6 friends is a nice number and doing something at your house seems fine to me. I think tehre is a lot of pressure sometimes to spend spend spend to make children happy - but having a nice party, good games and yes those sodding goodie bags with something sparkly in ... what more does a child really need. I hope the waether's nice and you have a lovely evening.

MamaG Fri 03-Jul-09 09:50:57

I think it sounds absolutely fine

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Fri 03-Jul-09 09:51:50

I think it sounds lovely smile

3littlefrogs Fri 03-Jul-09 09:51:52

Sounds lovely. Just right. Relax and enjoy it.

CMOTdibbler Fri 03-Jul-09 09:53:22

Sounds great to me, esp as you aren't asking parents to ferry from school to your house

cat64 Fri 03-Jul-09 10:05:30

Message withdrawn

gardeningmum05 Fri 03-Jul-09 10:11:29

i hate the fact that we feel pressured into giving parties every year. i just let my children pick a couple of friends and they have a sleep over on the friday night. cheap as chips and they have loads of fun wink

MangoJuggler Fri 03-Jul-09 10:12:52

And have one of those caterpillar cakes from tesco

om nom nom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now