Talk

Advanced search

Forgot to give DD's milk before bed....WWYD

(10 Posts)
JackBauer Mon 29-Jun-09 19:50:00

They are 3.4 and 1.8. DD2 was BF until a few weeks ago and has been on a small cup of milk before bedtime as a replacement. She normally has it downstairs in front of telly before going up.
DD1 doesn't need milk but, well, monkey see, monkey dohmm

DD2 had a nap so will be difficult to get to bed and DD1 is being awkward but I amm pretty sure they are both tired, however, they have been in their room half an hour and they are chattering, chucking toys at each other etc and generally being whingey.

Do I take DD2 milk? bearing in mind DD1 will scream blue murder unless she gets one too? And then I will have to brush teeth.

Or do I turn the monitor down and wait it out?

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Jun-09 19:51:59

Personally I would probably take dd2 her "normal" amount of milk. give dd1 a small amount of milk to keep her quiet, and <<whispers>. as a one off forget the teeth.

If it wasn't so hot I would leave them to it tbh, but they may wake up genuinely thirsty later.

PotPourri Mon 29-Jun-09 19:55:21

If you have anyway up cups, why not put one in each of their beds with water. That way if they are thirsty no problem, but no teeth issues, and not wanting the same thing tomorrow. I wouldnt' bother now if I were you. but then my DCs would be looking for it every night for a week - I have found this out before when I do anything out of the ordinary.

All 3 of mine have any way up style cups in their beds every night (the bigger ones have more grown up ones). It has saved me many a trip upstairs - sigh!

LIZS Mon 29-Jun-09 19:56:37

If they're not asking for it then would n't bother.

JackBauer Mon 29-Jun-09 19:59:34

Hmmm, hadn't though of heat thing. They did have a load of water before bed.
Had IL's here getting in my way helping so everything all got confused.

DD2 just doesn't seem that interested in it, she will drink it but more as 'ooh, a drink' than 'oh milk!'

less chatting, occasional grumps, but no crying or calling for me (and crucially, no one has mentioned milk...)

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Jun-09 20:02:43

You might be lucky in the morning - if they have been up chatting then they may not be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. That's what we have been finding in the heat.

JackBauer Mon 29-Jun-09 20:04:52

DD1 is now fake crying
'Buh-hooo <pause> Waaaah <pause> Waaah Mummy?'
<Silence>

JackBauer Mon 29-Jun-09 20:40:34

Took them some water about 15 minutes ago, they fell on it like they had been in teh desert for a wekk...and are still awake and chatting.

PotPourri Mon 29-Jun-09 21:45:02

LOL. Poor you. Cheeky little monkeys!

JackBauer Mon 29-Jun-09 21:51:27

Well they finally were asleep when I went up just after 9, but DD2 had done ehr normal trip of taking the water out of the cup and spitting out over herself, so her vest and sheet are all cold and clammy. It's 28 degrees in there, it must feel wonderfulgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now