Talk

Advanced search

Two very different choices about where to live. What would you do?

(20 Posts)
sleepycat Mon 29-Jun-09 16:22:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadameDefarge Mon 29-Jun-09 16:24:51

I would move. It might be more cramped downstairs, but the kids will be outside more, so it will balance out, and the quality of your lives will be improved.

englishpatient Mon 29-Jun-09 16:30:14

I think I would move, going on what you have said. It sounds as if you would all be happier even though the house is smaller. Less housework for you too! smile

sleepycat Mon 29-Jun-09 16:34:16

ilovesprouts Mon 29-Jun-09 16:36:19

i would move asap

TheProvincialLady Mon 29-Jun-09 16:39:40

Move move move.

MadameDefarge Mon 29-Jun-09 16:44:23

Well, the promise of always being able to stay in an area you hate isn't all that!

I have never lived in assured tenancy, always private, and it would be very unusual for your landlord to end the tenancy. For your peace of mind perhaps ask the landlord what their plans for the property are, if they are likely to sell? To be honest, if you are good tenants, then it is extremely unlikely you would have to move, landlords love good, reliable tenants.

Be brave!

MaybeAfterBreakfast Mon 29-Jun-09 16:58:54

Move

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 29-Jun-09 17:02:15

I would move, and as a landlady myself, I love the idea of someone wanting a long lease.

Enjoy!!

OrmIrian Mon 29-Jun-09 17:04:29

Move. If you do it quick you'll be in time to enjoy this hot summer that we've been promised grin

sleepycat Mon 29-Jun-09 17:46:12

englishpatient Mon 29-Jun-09 18:40:39

Good luck and hope you are all very happy.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 29-Jun-09 18:42:35

Move

do it for who wants too and can't grin

boudoiricca Mon 29-Jun-09 18:47:32

Move!

And don't worry about security - you sound like you'd be great tenants and am sure landlord would be v pleased to keep on a good tenancy.

It's all about QUALITY of life...

helsbels4 Mon 29-Jun-09 18:50:35

I would be packing the boxes already! I'd definitely move to a smaller house in a nicer area. If only I could afford to sad

cyteen Mon 29-Jun-09 18:51:21

Move. I would be out of there and into that lovely gardened village house like a shot.

Size isn't everything wink Your surroundings are so important. We moved from a bigger house to the one we're in now which is pretty tiny, because the former was in completely the wrong place - wrong feel, wrong location, bad attitude, just wrong. The house itself was quite nice but by the end of our stay there we pretty much hated it because we were so unhappy.

piscesmoon Mon 29-Jun-09 19:17:21

Move! You can waste a life being safe.

melmog Mon 29-Jun-09 19:21:40

Definately move. Quality of life is everything and walking your kids to school will benefit everyone.

MissGreatBritain Mon 29-Jun-09 20:51:09

Definitely move. As someone else said, landlords are always keen to have good long-term tenants. and if you do end up having to move again for some reason, you can find another rural house to rent I'm sure. Go for it - it will be so much better for the children to have a garden and not be surrounded by BNP types. I hope you go and hope you really, really enjoy living in the country x

sleepycat Mon 29-Jun-09 21:44:27

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now