Talk

Advanced search

,,,if you couldn't draw but had the wildest kid-like imagination for dreaming up characters - for animation, kids drama etc?

(5 Posts)
semi Thu 25-Jun-09 07:32:38

Help - I am trapped in my own imagination, I haven't done any art since GCSE (ie about 2 decades ago!! crikey!!)...do i go back to the drawing board literally and re-learn drawing or should i collaborate to bring the best people on board? All help gratefully received - thanks

oftenpurple Thu 25-Jun-09 07:34:45

Why not try and sketch out your ideas first. Then find an illustrator to polish them up. I work with lots of children's author/illustrators and always find that while they think they can't draw 'properly' or 'well enough', they always come up with brilliant, publishable illustrations!

EachPeachPearMum Thu 25-Jun-09 07:41:04

Could you use a computer package? That is what DH is doing... (ie Gimp or photoshop)

semi Thu 25-Jun-09 10:52:13

I've got 'drawers block'! Got an A in art at GCSE and sadly dear mum told me that there was no money to be made in being an artist so I put my pen, brushes down and studied law!! ouch!!...and didn't go into it!!

oftenpurple Fri 26-Jun-09 11:00:10

Then you can probably start up again, just try with something simple at first and see where it leads you. I'm sure you'll be great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now