Talk

Advanced search

Ebay buyer changed her mind when she came to collect - what do I do?

(7 Posts)
hotpotmama Wed 10-Jun-09 21:36:29

Sold a pram for a friend on ebay, listed it as good condition after briefly checking it but said it had a flat tyre, a clear picture was posted on ebay too.

Listed it and was contacted and asked if I would sell it under buy it now for £40 as there had been no bids yet. Said yes and she turned up earlier. I was showing her the pram and she noticed a very little hole in the fabric which I honestly had not seen or would have described it (as I did with the tyre. I left her with it briefly to pick up my crying baby and when I returned she said she didn't want it as she had seen others on ebay in better condition for a tenner more, then left in her car.

So, what do I do now? I have got a 100% score and don't want it ruining.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 10-Jun-09 21:39:49

You need to file a nonpaying bidder and then mark it as 'we have decided not to complete the transaction'. Then relist it. Chances are she won't bother with feedback. But (interesting thing ebay don't mention) you can hold off leaving her feedback and then should she say something absolutely awful (she won't), if you defame or threaten her in your feedback and then email ebay and say 'so sorry, made a mistake/was drunk/please help I didn't mean to save it' they remove both comments and the feedback score. Tada!

hotpotmama Wed 10-Jun-09 21:47:25

thanks whomovedmychocolate,good advice there. Will do that then. smile

surreylady Wed 10-Jun-09 22:38:12

I believe that if you mark it as agreed not to complete then the buyer has to agree this otherwise you do not get a free relisting. Might be worth emailing and saying that as she did not want it you are out of pocket fess and could she confirm that she would do this so that you are not out of pocket - then relist and hope for better luck!

whomovedmychocolate Thu 11-Jun-09 07:16:35

I've had to do this a number of times - she either agrees or not. But if you email her and say this is the case, she has nothing to lose by not agreeing - technically you could get a strike against her because second hand goods are sold as described and she has no right not to buy it unless ebay has first agreed with her that it was not as described which since she hasn't complained to them, she hasn't done IYSWIM.

You do get a free relisting and a credit of final listings fees.

hotpotmama Thu 11-Jun-09 22:18:45

god it all sounds quite complicated! Don't want to email unless I have to as am quite annoyed with her.

Thanks for all the advice.

wishingchair Thu 11-Jun-09 23:06:23

I've just agreed not to buy something (misunderstanding over combined shipping fees). The seller just opened a dispute - "buyer does not want item" or similar - and I got an automated email from ebay which linked me to the dispute resolution page and I just selected yes I agree and that was the end of it. It was very straightforward. Have a look on the help section of ebay and it'll point you in the right direction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now