Talk

Advanced search

facebook friend joined a group supporting 'bnp',

(7 Posts)
lucykate Sun 31-May-09 10:05:20

my mouse is hovering over the 'un-friend' option.

or should i just ignore?

rasputin Sun 31-May-09 10:07:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyMoth Sun 31-May-09 10:20:07

Oh dear....... Do you take facebook that seriously? Really? Get out more I'd say........

lucykate Sun 31-May-09 10:33:57

it's an old school friend

thanks tiffany, but i don't need to get out more.

the majority of my facebook friends are work related, i have my own business.

i don't want my business associated with anyone involved with the bnp.

bellabelly Sun 31-May-09 10:34:32

Or send her a link to this page - 1000000 against the BNP... here

pavlovthecat Sun 31-May-09 10:39:29

I would email her and tell her exactly what you said about your business. If you care at all whether she will be upset. If you are not bothered if she will be upset, just do it and don't say anything.

Depends on what kind of friend she is. People can have major character flaws and still be friends, although it does not mean you have to accept those flaws without comment. But if this is a flaw you cannot deal with, or not prepared to accept, then you should press un-friend.

pavlovthecat Sun 31-May-09 10:41:04

and I don't have any 'facebook friends'. All my friends on facebook are those friends I have in real life who I talk to online via facebook when I don't see them. I would struggle to just get rid of someone whose opinions i did not like without hesitation.

But I know some people have hundreds and hundreds of 'friends' who they don't know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now