Talk

Advanced search

Should I complain about this very rude member of staff or let it go?

(6 Posts)
Comewhinewithme Fri 22-May-09 20:08:25

So I went shopping with DSIS today and decided to pop in to a games store . Saw a game DC would like and got in the queue which was massive .

So finally a space at the counter was available (this is after a good 5 mins BTW) and I went to the counter and waited to be served by the cashier who stood staring at me while blowing his nose then tried to tell me that he thought I should get "back over there " I asked what he meant and he pointed to a pile of games someone must have traded in and said he had all those to do and I should get back in the queue hmm.
I must have looked puzzled and he grabbed the game off me and snapped about doing it quickly when he came back he very sarcastically looked around and said "Right where is the person who pushed in ? " I asked if he meant me and he just pulled a face then I got a bit louder and asked if he meant me and pointed out the two (very tall) guys who had been stood in front of me and obviously blocked me from his view when I was waiting in the queue.
He then mumbled something about no not really and took my money then got bolshy again and slammed the game and receipt down and said something about manners I did tell him to get a life as I walked off by this point .

I know I should have stayed and complained there and then but dsis had her screaming 7 month old with her so I thought I would ring when I got home .

So there is no phonenumber and the website has a message about stores having no phonenumbers but I do have the receipt with the cashiers full name on it but I am wondering if I should bother he made a mistake and thought I had pushed in and could have been having a very bad day but he was very rude and upset me (I am due in 6 days I don't take much to upset wink).

WWYD complain or just let it go ?

FabulousBakerGirl Fri 22-May-09 20:13:46

I would complain.

I complained today about crap service, bloody annoys me.

Tee2072 Fri 22-May-09 20:18:18

Go back and complain.

Baisey Tue 16-Jun-09 13:01:33

I would complain, I work in a shop and if someone obviously pushes in I kindly point out that there is a queue, in no way would I talk to you the way he did, whether he was having a bad day or not its just not acceptable.

nickytwotimes Tue 16-Jun-09 13:08:36

I'd complain.
That is so not on.
I worked in retail for a few years and even on a bad day would never have treated another human being like that! Quite shocking.

ImhavingaBBaby Sun 28-Jun-09 13:27:21

complain he is the face of that store and degrading thier image if you take a literal view of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now