Talk

Advanced search

Potential childcare options during a hotel stay

(6 Posts)
picuri82 Sun 12-Aug-18 00:43:01

DP and I are looking to attend a 2 day course (9-5pm) in North Yorkshire and we have no other option but to bring the children with us or DP going alone. We would be staying at a hotel and children are 18M and 3Y old, youngest has never been left with anyone before so slightly nervous about it. What would be the best childcare option if I were to attend the course too? I have heard of sitters.co.uk but uncertain how it all works. Will they send a list of suitable nanny/babysitter options for you to choose from or you get allocated a person? Would the sitter entertain the kids in the hotel room or would they be taking kids out? I do apologise for too many questions but keen to know your experiences and any advise is welcomed.

Shylo Sun 12-Aug-18 00:51:35

In all honesty if it were me, one of us would go this time and the other stay home with the kids and the other one would go next time the course is run

Your youngest has never been left with anyone; entertaining two small children in a hotel room all day is likely to drive everyone crazy, the alternative being a sitter unknown to you has to take two young children he/she doesn’t know out and about for the day

How crucial is the course?

Blondie1984 Sun 12-Aug-18 01:23:55

I agree with PP that the best thing would be for just one of you to go on the course this time round but know that sometimes needs must. Is there a friend or family member who could look after them for the weekend? Either in your home or in theirs? Then at least they wouldn't be with a total stranger....

Minimamame Sun 12-Aug-18 08:12:09

No way would I leave my children with a stranger. Do they have an older cousin that you could bring with you to mind them? If not then I have to agree with the other posters...one of you should stay at home.

CountingToThree Sun 12-Aug-18 08:15:39

You could look for local childminders for the day - we had to do this for a funeral one time

picuri82 Tue 14-Aug-18 22:09:02

Thank you for your replies, sadly we have no family support around us and we always had to manage with no external help. Ideally I would like to use a local babysitter or nanny or childminder and attend the course too, failing that my partner will have to attend alone. Has anyone used sitters.co.uk in North Yorkshire?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: