Talk

Advanced search

MIL just lied to me

(6 Posts)
thesortinghats Wed 13-Jun-18 16:01:40

Last week MIL told me that she’d told relatives that I had said to not give anything to DS for his birthday because “he had everything already”.

This was a lie. It’s as if she were taunting me. I didn’t know what to say so made excuses and put the phone down.

This is not forgetfulness or dementia or a misunderstanding, just an outright lie. She has been going on and on about how unfair it is that DS goes on holiday and to a private nursery when her other grandchildren didn’t, so I think it is jealousy.

Anyway, I just confronted her about it (just woke up mad about it and rang her) and she just denied it.

I know she told at least one aunt as they told me.

What now?

gamerchick Wed 13-Jun-18 16:04:23

She told you that she did and now she's saying that she didn't? confused

What now? Keep her at arm's length a bit, she doesn't sound as if she has a healthy mind.

thesortinghats Wed 13-Jun-18 16:13:23

Yes. I believe she did it though. I mean I know she did to one person but I think she had said it to everyone.

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Thu 14-Jun-18 09:24:27

I wouldn't be in a hurry to see her, or have dc see her either.

Maelstrop Tue 19-Jun-18 20:33:36

What did your dh say about this?

winterisstillcoming Tue 19-Jun-18 22:04:35

My MIL dies this and when confronted pretends she can't remember or flat out denies it and then puts on the waterworks with DH.

Our relationship is small talk and texts in group chats and if I speak to her through my DH or in the presence of trusted people so she can't deny or twist what has been said.

You need to get the word out that she got her wires crossed about DS's gifts and she told everybody by mistake.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: