Talk

Advanced search

Should I retake my alevels or is it a pipe dream

(7 Posts)
Meowmeowwoofxo Wed 23-May-18 22:46:34

I am 25 years old and have a okay career with a good company, but I have the need inside me to get a degree. I didn't complete my alevels as I dropped out and got a job, and life got in the way, but now I want to make something of myself and I want to get a law degree - something I do think is achievable and also it goes well with my current profession.

However, i would need to retake my A levels (@£400 each) and score As in order to be taken into law school.

Does anyone have any experience with post 19 education and if they think this is a pipe dream or something I should actually do? I might be caught here but I have such conflicting emotions.

Please help x

Okki Wed 23-May-18 23:32:32

Have you looked at the OU? You might not need to retake A's, plus the courses are cheaper than a brick Uni.

Meowmeowwoofxo Wed 23-May-18 23:58:40

@Okki Hi, no I haven't actually. I am right at the start of my journey with this so I really not have a lot of information currently. I'll look into that now actually. Thankyou so much for the advice .xxxx smile

WhatShallIDoWithMyself Thu 24-May-18 00:01:46

I've just finished my first year of a law degree with the OU. You can still get a student loan with them as you can with traditional unis. Good luck!

Meowmeowwoofxo Thu 24-May-18 00:12:35

@WhatShallIDoWithMyself amazing congratulations ! I have just had a quick look and it says something about you can only get financial help if your HH income is less than £25k..... I am going to ring them tomorrow and see what my options are x

hellokittymania Thu 24-May-18 00:13:05

Good luck! I am also looking at other ways to further my education, I have learning difficulties and they keep getting in my way. I’m considering doing a levels, or the open University, since I really would like to continue and finish my education.

Meowmeowwoofxo Thu 24-May-18 00:17:58

@hellokittymania hiya! Thankyou so much! That's amazing! There are so many courses available for people- hopefully we both fine the right one flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: