Talk

Advanced search

I have fallen out with my dining chair (pic of foot and injury)

(15 Posts)
numptynuts Sun 18-Mar-18 21:01:27

Heavy solid wood on a non slip surface. Leg right between my toes.

Hurts to walk on, driving fine in clogs but shoes, nope. Doesn't hurt hardly at all when resting. Just arrived at a 4 day workshop for my new job (vital to attend in order to commence employment which we are financially depending on)

So hotel is middle of nowhere, icy dangerous back roads to get here. I'm going to look a right twit tomorrow when everyone suited and booted and I'm hobbling I'm in a pair of fluffy socks.

Anyway, do I need A&E or a doc? They're toes, they can't do much anyway can they? I have plasters here I'm going to bind them together.

My username particularly suits today.

retirednow Sun 18-Mar-18 21:05:21

That looks painful, is the toe next to the little toe usually separate from the others.

numptynuts Sun 18-Mar-18 21:20:33

No it's not. Ugh, I've done this before years ago with the same foot. We've got a move across country and expenses already paid out for for my job start date, rental property sorted, our house SSTC and the final hurdle is this workshop then it all comes together.

AuditAngel Sun 18-Mar-18 21:41:14

They will only X-Ray potential broken toe for the big one (I was told) and treatment is same if broken or not. Sorry, not much hope, but I feel your pain, last summer I did this:

retirednow Sun 18-Mar-18 21:43:20

Just what you dont need right nowsad maybe the course will be cancelled tomorrow if the roads are too bad so you'd best call them in the morning. Have you got a decent pair of flats or trainers you can wear or will you wear your clogs. I'd get it xrayed, if it's broken don't they just strap it to the next one and give you some decent painkillers, flowers

EduCated Sun 18-Mar-18 21:52:35

Ouch! Do you have ice? And are you elevating it?

MrsJasonIsbell Sun 18-Mar-18 21:58:01

I've done something like this before and I just took painkillers, wore comfy shoes and I'm sure it was 2 or 3 weeks then I was ok again.

numptynuts Sun 18-Mar-18 22:04:41

Thanks all I feel better in that I'm not taking up valuable A&E time when there's really not a lot they can do.
I have strapped not sure it's right but it looks straight. No painkillers as it's not that bad but I will in the morning as I'll be on it a lot.

PuntCuffin Sun 18-Mar-18 22:05:54

I did the exact same toe by dropping a fence panel on it at Christmas. Ice, rest and anti-inflammatories. Didn't bother with A&E as they won't do anything for it anyway. Took a couple of weeks before I could get a shoe on (flip flops in the snow is a good look!) and it still aches now if I walk too far or it gets really cold.

numptynuts Sun 18-Mar-18 22:10:50

You don't realise how much you depend on your toes (funny things aren't they) until this sort of thing happens. Two toes and I'm hobbling!

PurpleWithRed Sun 18-Mar-18 22:16:53

Do not ‘be on a lot’ tomorrow. Whether it’s broken or not you’ve done loads of soft tissue damage and that needs time to heal. Put it up a lot, and ice it every so often, and get people to,fetch and carry for you. Showing your new colleagues your fabulous bruises will be a great icebreaker.

owlkitty Sun 18-Mar-18 22:22:35

Ouch looks really painful, it's very bruised of foot could anything there be broken?

Also you have really long toes grin

numptynuts Sun 18-Mar-18 23:31:47

I do have long toes and size 4 feet. If my toes were normal I'd be a size 1 haha and they wouldn't get caught on chair legs!

It's elevated now on a pillow and I've had room service (sandwich) and they didn't charge the extra to bring it to me. I'll take that!

Thanks all x

31weeksgone Sun 18-Mar-18 23:33:41

Get some ibuprofen for swelling x

halfwitpicker Sun 18-Mar-18 23:41:50

You poor beggar it looks sore xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: