Talk

Advanced search

Smelly woman

(8 Posts)
Contesse Fri 23-Feb-18 19:07:37

SI'm taking a weekly personal development class that lasts a couple of hours. I really like it, genuinely feel it's worthwhile and it cost some money so I don't want to abandon it at a halfway point.

The problem is that the woman I've been assigned to in small group work really smells (it's a warm room too) and I think there are a few other things wrong there. It's bothering me a lot. We can't swap. She doesn't seem to understand personal space boundaries and will sit nearly on top of me- I'm hanging off the side of my chair and she'll still be leaning in over my lap. She smells like bad BO mixed with clothes that have dried in a cooking environment, and something else I couldn't place until it occurred in a rush- sorry for TMI- but it was fucking dirty vagina. It feels so invasive and infuriating having to put up with the smell of unwashed genitals in my personal space and the smell in general is making me nauseous and unable to concentrate properly as a result.. I feel a bit sorry for her but I also can't stand her re the invasive personal space thing and we've been told specifically we have to stay in our groups. I feel like just not going back tbh. WWYD?

INeedNewShoes Fri 23-Feb-18 19:09:03

Speak to the people running the course.

MyBrilliantDisguise Fri 23-Feb-18 19:10:32

That's really horrible, both the smell and the lack of physical boundaries on her part.

I'd speak to the organiser and say they should either put you with someone else or give you your money back immediately.

Contesse Fri 23-Feb-18 19:27:18

How are you supposed to say that to a course director without sounding like you're horrible?

zzzzz Fri 23-Feb-18 19:30:29

Develop a backbone and be uncomfortable for a few minutes and ask to move or miss out. Sounds like a kick ass course.

teaiseverything Fri 23-Feb-18 19:31:10

It isn't horrible for you to mention it to the director. It's horrible for you to have to put up with it. Please say something so that you can actually enjoy what you're paying for without wanting to vomit.

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 26-Feb-18 16:27:38

Definitely discuss the issue, other people might be feeling the same.

ShortandAnnoying Mon 26-Feb-18 16:31:56

If it's a personal development course then they might actually be able to help this woman by addressing these problems. They are bound to hold her back in life if she doesn't sort something out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: