Talk

Advanced search

Where would you put the posh soap?

(16 Posts)
Crispsareafoodgroup Mon 12-Feb-18 20:48:37

Soap dilemma.
I usually have antibacterial soap in the kitchen and bathroom. I have been given a posh hand soap which smells great and is expensive but it's not antibacterial. Where does it go - kitchen or bathroom? Which room needs antibacterial stuff less? Where you make food or where you go to the loo? Don't want to not use it cos it's a lovely gift.
This is perplexing me.

lorelairoryemily Mon 12-Feb-18 20:49:57

This made me laugh! I would put it in my utility room-not helpful!

formerbabe Mon 12-Feb-18 20:50:36

I'd say put it in the bathroom.

I've also heard from somewhere that anti bacterial soap isn't any more germ killing than normal soap...

Daisydoesnt Mon 12-Feb-18 20:50:50

Antibacterial soap is really bad for your skin and completely unnecessary from a hygiene point of view. If hands are washed throughly with soap and water and then dried properly that is sufficient. So put your posh soap in whichever room where you'll enjoy using it!

PenguinsandPandas Mon 12-Feb-18 20:51:46

I would have it as a second soap in the bathroom.

BadlyParkedRangeRover Mon 12-Feb-18 20:52:59

Antibacterial soap does fuck all and is bad for the environment.
Wherever you want.

Crispsareafoodgroup Mon 12-Feb-18 20:54:31

A second soap? Blimey.
Ok as long as I'm not going to poison anyone with my germs I will put it in the kitchen where more people can admire it.

CiderwithBuda Mon 12-Feb-18 20:54:46

You don't 'need' antibacterial soap anywhere. Normal soap and water and washing properly is enough.

HotelEuphoria Mon 12-Feb-18 20:55:00

In the doorstairs loo darling so guests think you're posh.

woodlanddreamer Mon 12-Feb-18 20:55:06

Nowhere needs antibacterial soap. Hope that helps grin

MrsPestilence Mon 12-Feb-18 20:56:16

Bin the anti bac and pop down your chemist or TKMaxx and buy another luscious bar of soap. Problem solved, everyone does a better job of hand washing when the soap smells nice and anti bac is nasty stuff.

BeesAndChiscuits Mon 12-Feb-18 20:59:27

Kitchen. There are some lovely soap dishes at John Lewis, which will stop it getting soggy.

m.johnlewis.com/slim-joseph-joseph-soap-dish-blue/p3196085 is one.

snozzlemaid Mon 12-Feb-18 21:00:57

Put it in the bathroom and use it in the shower.

brownelephant Mon 12-Feb-18 21:01:50

buy a second (and 3rd and 4th) bar and put one by each sink and the spare in the knicker drawer

OlennasWimple Mon 12-Feb-18 21:01:58

Whichever bathroom guests will use!

We have anti-bac in the kitchen for use after handling raw meat or emptying the litter tray. It goes into a bathroom if one of us has a bout of D&V. Otherwise we just use normal soap for handwashing

RavenLG Mon 12-Feb-18 21:18:55

Ok as long as I'm not going to poison anyone with my germs eyeroll
Put it where your antibac soap is and chuck the antibac in the bin as it doesn't do a think apart from helping bacteria build a resistance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now